Game of Thrones

13254447_1025110240898895_5392053611315601018_n.jpg

Thoughts on tonight's episode:

Randyll Tarly is a giant Richard.

Gilly looked good before, and looks even better once you clean all the crap off of her.

Sam needs a backbone. Thankfully he has Gilly. Good job on ensuring that your father will REALLY hate you now. Bring home a wildling, show no backbone, and steal a family heirloom. Smart, Sam. At least he had the presence of mind to take her and the baby away.

Just a quick scene to remind us that the Freys are still around and have a Tully as a hostage.

Tommen pretty much said "Let's make Westeros great again."

Aegon's wildfire plot to "burn them all" very well could come to pass now. Most likely at Cersei's hand. Maybe the same thing will happen to her as happened to Aegon. Hopefully by the same person.

Twincest.

I miss the Tyrion/Varys interplay. Every episode should have some. In fact, I would watch ten solid hours of Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, and Bronn just talking to each other.

Dany's got Drogon back. Nice speech.

Ooooh Arya, Looks like the Waif will get her way. #NOONEBOWL

I WANT MORE BRIEMUND!!!

Another incredible episode in an outstanding season. I keep expecting something of a filler episode to come, but every episode has had some outstanding moment or moments. This episode was no exception.

I think I cursed out load when seeing the quick "Burn them all" clip.

The Sam and Gilly stuff I was expecting to be a bit dull, but it was all so brilliantly uncomfortable.

During the Arya scenes, my heart felt like it was going to burst out of its chest.

The last scene? Beautiful.

It's the beginning of the plotlines finally starting to come together to form a conclusion.

And I agree, we need more Briemund.

I really don't want this season to end! We've been getting so much brilliant, gorgeous writing out of it. I love that the show has diverged so much and that it's really forging its own path at this point. I really believe it was detrimental to the last couple of seasons, the effort to not overtake the books entirely.

Awkwaaaard...

http://i.imgur.com/3kdpZy1.gifv

Linked because of one bit of language

I like that he was wearing a Thundercats t-shirt.

Anyway, last night's episode...good. Not amazing. More moving pieces around the board before the game begins for real, it seems. For as much as it seemed like things happened, a whole lot didn't happen. But I think this episode -- especially being the 5th one -- is kind of the fulcrum episode. It concludes the "setup" phase of the season, and we move rapidly into "execution" (heh).

I enjoy the setup, but I'm more looking forward to the execution. Some thoughts.

- Dany as a pure conqueror rather than a liberator or a ruler. Aegon I reborn? Maybe. Certainly Drogon seems in the show to be rivaling The Black Dread for sheer size and ferocity. But the problem with being a conqueror...is that eventually you either die or win...and then what? Go off to conquer more lands? And what happens when you do that? At a certain point, conquest and the acquisition of land for its own sake, becomes a hollow affair. Dany NEEDS to learn to rule, and while I gather that she's most comfortable as a conqueror, and should "follow her bliss," that can't be done in a completely unrestrained way. It strikes me that Dany is kind of searching for her own identity at the moment, and still has yet to find it.

- Jon, on the other hand, needs to get his ass in gear and get psyched. I understand that he's typically dour like most Northerners, but come on man! It's game time! Put your game face on! Look at Tormund! He knows what I'm talkin' about!

- I'm looking forward to Walder Frey getting his. I'm kind of hoping he dies at the hand of his own son.

- Still not sure what Littlefinger's endgame is, nor how he's going to actually "win." (At least in his mind.) I get the notion of sowing chaos in the realm, but how's that get him to the throne?

- If Bran can send "messages" back through time (e.g. Hold the door!), does that include other messages (e.g. "Burn them all")?

- I'm glad Arya is a Stark again. A girl had no business in the houses of Black and White Cookies.

- Sam's trip to his home...seems a little pointless. I'm not sure where that's going. I mean, good character moment for Sam, but how's this all gonna play out later? Why are we delving into Tarly family politics?

The bit with the Tarlys would have been pointless... If it wasn't done specifically so Sam could get his hands on Heartsbane. It's a Valyrian Steel sword, especially useful against White Walkers.

As to Tormund, as of now, his game face includes googly eyes and a slack jaw with Brienne around.

The bit with the Tarlys would have been pointless... If it wasn't done specifically so Sam could get his hands on Heartsbane. It's a Valyrian Steel sword, especially useful against White Walkers.

As to Tormund, as of now, his game face includes googly eyes and a slack jaw with Brienne around.
Some people speculate Sam stole Heartsbane in order to draw his father North. After all he's supposed to be a military commander of great renown. If he could be persuaded that White Walkers are real, and a threat to all of Westeros, he would be a formidable force.

Another theory speculates that Heartsbane is, in fact, Lightbringer, the legendary sword of Azhor Azai (which is supposed to have been tempered by plunging it into the heart of Azhor Azai's wife.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Some people speculate Sam stole Heartsbane in order to draw his father North. After all he's supposed to be a military commander of great renown. If he could be persuaded that White Walkers are real, and a threat to all of Westeros, he would be a formidable force.

Another theory speculates that Heartsbane is, in fact, Lightbringer, the legendary sword of Azhor Azai (which is supposed to have been tempered by plunging it into the heart of Azhor Azai's wife.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if it was actually SAM who is Azhor Azai reborn?!

Oh man, that White Walker baby...makes me wonder.

Jamie on the Iron Throne is interesting.

And Aerys being shown as well kind of makes me wonder where Danys storyline is heading...

Benjen's return was cool. I knew almost immediately it was him, or I at least had a strong suspicion.

How many Valyrian swords can we round up?

It would be awesome if Bran was somehow a manipulator of a few plot points further back than just Hodor. He has gone back quite a ways.

I loved this episode, and this season in general. I really love not knowing where things are going, although I'm also really hoping that they keep Jaime's negotiations at Riverrun as close as possible to the book.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back