Galaxy's Edge Kenobi lightsaber collection

For all intentional purposes, that is the A New Hope hilt.. at least for the Legacy line. Only a fraction of a percent would notice that difference between a modified Revenge of the Sith version and the A New Hope version. And even a smaller fraction care.

...and TheRPF -IS- that fraction.

Which is why these highly detailed, ALMOST screen replicas can never be perfect for us. But I am still VERY happy that these "close enough" high end pieces are even being manufactured at all! Without that Uber fandom fraction for Star Wars, these high end replicas, fiberglass helmets, Disney+ TV shows, heck even Galaxy's Edge would probably NOT exist.

...and TheRPF -IS- that fraction.

Which is why these highly detailed, ALMOST screen replicas can never be perfect for us. But I am still VERY happy that these "close enough" high end pieces are even being manufactured at all! Without that Uber fandom fraction for Star Wars, these high end replicas, fiberglass helmets, Disney+ TV shows, heck even Galaxy's Edge would probably NOT exist.

I too am happy they exist. There are a lot of fans that now have a nice lightsaber collection thanks to these. Twenty years ago we would have been going gaga for these even if they were just static hilts for the same price.

Personally, I do not require absolute accuracy from all my prop replicas. There is a definite balance between cost, accuracy, and desire. Some props replicas have more passion for me and i am willing to pay a little more. Some items I like but I am willing to forgo high accuracy for a decent price and just to have something fun in my collection. As of now, the only Legacy lightsabers i have are ones that are unique to that either are not found into BS line or not something I want to spend a lot on for fan made. They are the box set Temple Guard Pike and the Cal Kestis Fallen Order Lightsaber plus one Save build.

The issue is that they refuse to update the electronics in any meaningful way. It's almost insultingly bad at this point. Even just improving the latency would make a big difference. Smoothswing has been around for four years now. Doing it on a budget is clearly possible as there's been cheap RGBx boards available for ages.

100% agree. I cant count the number of times that a nice quality "accurate enough" product came out and the sound is just abysmal. I always think to myself "how much extra could it possibly cost to put a better speaker and higher bit rate sound sample in these things?".
The issue is that they refuse to update the electronics in any meaningful way. It's almost insultingly bad at this point. Even just improving the latency would make a big difference. Smoothswing has been around for four years now. Doing it on a budget is clearly possible as there's been cheap RGBx boards available for ages.

I’ve never bashed these because I think they make great belt hangers when trooping

Don’t have to worry about them getting scratched or taking a fall.. and you can let “civilians” hold it for photo opps with out worry

D7F54A17-2FAB-4563-8112-1AC0F084FF90.jpeg

100% agree. I cant count the number of times that a nice quality "accurate enough" product came out and the sound is just abysmal. I always think to myself "how much extra could it possibly cost to put a better speaker and higher bit rate sound sample in these things?".
It's not even the speaker that's at issue. It's the latency. The sensitivity to motion and clash. If anything, this seems to have gotten worse in recent products.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back