Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Romans Empire

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
October 5, 2017

Here it is... Graflex Gen.2!!!

20171005_110830.jpg 20171005_110646.jpg 20171005_110703.jpg 20171005_110551.jpg 20171005_110821.jpg 20171005_110627.jpg 20171005_110457.jpg

Septmeber 20, 2017

Gen.2 Graflex
http://romanprops.com/product/camera-flashgun/

Expected shipping window: Halloween-Thanksgiving 2017Pre-sale starts tonight Septemeber 20, 2017!!! Pre-Order Price $185... BUT...

Graflex Flash Body Correction 4.jpg

1st 100 Pre-Orders will sell at $175!!!

Notable tweaks:

- Bunny Ear length
- Improved Shoulder Shape (below)
- Improved Overall Finish
- Distance increased from center to pin-socket

June 20, 2017

FYI, run #2 is not out of the question... that is all. ;)

May 28, 2017

Thanks to everyone who supported this project!!! The Graflex is now SOLD OUT. :ninja

Dec 23, 2016
Graflex page is fully... operational...!!! Pre-Order your flashgun here : http://romanprops.com/product-category/graflex/
View attachment 603612

***NOTE : Sign-up only if you are seriously interested. It's okay to change your mind BEFORE the purchase. However...

- Once time comes to make the purchase, and you actually make the purchase, please follow through on that commitment.
- Please do NOT ask for a refund. You are more than welcome to sell your flashgun once you have received it.
- If you are not sure about your financial situation... do NOT make the purchase.

December 23, 2016:

Not exactly beauty shots yet, but here's a few pics with terrible lighting.

20161223_192430_resized.jpg View attachment 692660

I believe these turned out great and am pretty happy with them! :)

Here's a few things I noticed:

The battery-cans seem to be a bit brighter than the top shell on some units. Scotch brite may help, but I haven't tried it yet.
The clamps have more of a matte finish, similar to a real clamp (definitely not as bright as my clamp run). Oh! And notice anything about that lettering?
Finally, these look and feel very sturdy. VERY well made. But they do seem to have tiny flaws & imperfections throughout. Nothing that really stands out though. Overall, I think you guys will be very happy. :)

December 16, 2016:
Hey Guys, heard from the Brokerage house and was told the shipment would be in my town Monday and delivered Tuesday. Customs took a little longer than expected, but these are finally right around the corner. :)

November 28, 2016:
Graflex is shipping to me this week. Will post more info as it becomes available. :)

November 2, 2016:
Hey Guys,

There was a tiny issue about 10 days ago, and it has already been fixed!! :) I didn't post about it, because then everyone was going to freak out and we still had time according to their last ETA.

Bulb-contacts didn't look quite right, so they were remade. Everything is still being assembled, but they said they are "busting their butts" to get them out right away. So maybe a few more days.

First batch bulb contacts:
View attachment 679840

NEW BATCH:
fixed_bc.jpg

October 12, 2016:

Hey Guys!!! :D

Heard from the shop, and it looks like the Graflex will be shipping in about 2 weeks. So with some luck we'll have them by the end of the month!!! :D

Does that mean they are absolutely, positively shipping in 2 weeks? Well, no. But it should be right around the 2 week mark.

Not sure the conversion kits will be shipping at the same time, but I expect to get word on those soon. :)

September 22, 2016 :

Got final clamp & button samples last week, and they were freaking awesome!! Button coloring is dead-on & clamp looks soooo much better than first & second samples! :D

Today, the final tweaks were submitted for the grips!!! So that's it. Everything is submitted and approved. :) The Graflex is in full production, and not likely to stop until it is complete. I think we are still good for next month. :)

August 11, 2016 :

HEY GUYS!! Looks like things will be wrapping up in the next couple months!! Woohoo!! YAY!! :D

Final prototypes ready early next month.
Complete Graflex units should be shipping to me in October! :D

Thanks to everyone who jumped in on this project to help bring the Graflex back to life!! :)
And a very special THANKS to Chris @teecrooz for lending me a Graflex when all my others were stuck at the old shop.

That's it for now! Should be a very Merry Christmas for everyone!! :)

June 30, 2016 - It's alive! It's ALIVE!!!
A few tweaks needed, but this working sample just makes me giddy.
:p
samp81.jpg

June 15, 2016 - More Sample pics!!! :D

May 5, 2016 - 1st Samples in!!
:D

May 9, 2016 - More Samples :) :
glseye2_RE.jpg samp45.jpg samp60.jpg samp47.jpg samp70.jpg View attachment 623023

glseye2_RE.jpg

samp45.jpg

samp60.jpg

samp47.jpg

samp70.jpg

samp81.jpg

fixed_bc.jpg

20161223_192430_resized.jpg

Graflex Flash Body Correction 4.jpg

20171005_110457.jpg

20171005_110551.jpg

20171005_110627.jpg

20171005_110646.jpg

20171005_110703.jpg

20171005_110821.jpg

20171005_110830.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: G R A F L E X ... anyone?

I would be in for one, if the price is right.
I know how expensive the original one is.
But there is at least one nice replica out there which has quitw the right price ;)
If you can get near to this one it is a go...

Really interested. I'm buying one the first time, but if this is an ULTD RUN I'll be buying more through time!

Also, is going to be any way to know if it's a replica or an original? I ask because I do not want to see these being sold on eBay as originals when they're replicas. Like and inside tell or something.

Curious about any tells in your replica Graflex myself...maybe a "stamp" (f.e.) on the inside would be possible to distinguish yours from a real one

FINALLY a reliable and trustworthy vendor...well played Roman! :):thumbsup
Can´t wait for your MPP ;)

Markus

good idea!

Stamp on upper and lower tube, hidden by the clamp.
Stamp on recessed area of clamp, hidden by the sidebars

Markus

Now this is a great idea. Put me down as interested in one, pending price of course. Hopefully price will be on par with the Parks.

Curious about any tells in your replica Graflex myself...maybe a "stamp" (f.e.) on the inside would be possible to distinguish yours from a real one

FINALLY a reliable and trustworthy vendor...well played Roman! :):thumbsup
Can´t wait for your MPP ;)

Markus

I second an MPP :D

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back