Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Re: === G R A F L E X === flashgun ... anyone?

I just want to procure a top notch replica around this price mark. Is this the replica I'm looking for?

Pun intended.[emoji14]

Over here.

Roman, I forgot If you will be offering extra red button switches and if I ordered any already lol

Make no mistake guys. This will be the best replica you can buy. It will operate as a functional flash gun. Those of you with other replicas like Parks/Korbanth Graflex 2.0 and others. If you have never had a real Graflex and after you get this in your hands, you will feel the difference. Nothing beats a real Graflex. I've owned several real flash guns over the years and I've owned replicas. The ONLY replica that came close was the original Parks 1.0 Graflex. It was a damn good replica flash gun that functioned. It felt right...I've been on the RPF for a long time. Romans reputation is second to none and his quality is unparalleled. This will be the best replica ever made. Mark my words.

No offense meant Roman, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. Here's how I would have edited it if they gave me the opportunity. I hope this version is acceptable as I really want to follow your progress in this thread and contribute to the community here at TheRPF as best I can...

O.K. then, this is my second post here at TheRPF! I just signed up last night after reading all 30 pages of this topic. Glad to see that there will be tells included to preserve the rarity of the original Graflex flash tubes! Really glad to see you're recreating the internals!

Speaking of which, Country Paul and the guys way back on page 8, I can't believe you've never put batteries in your Graflexes! You need to run right out and buy 3 D-cell batteries, a LED 6V-40lm flashlight bulb (if it has a lip for Maglite etc., just Dremel it off) for the pointing lens and drop 'em in your flash. I use my "Lightsaber" as a flashlight all the time! Granted, it doesn't even put out as much light as a HarborFreight freebee LED flashlight, but those aren't lightsaber flashlights. Besides, two things happen when you have batteries in your Graflex: first, people are shocked by the weight of it ( the common response is, "Lightsabers ARE real. I can't believe how heavy it is." ), and secondly, you have an opportunity to educate those you show it to about how it was originally intended to be used and how it was once attached to a vintage camera and share its history and transformation into an icon that penetrates us, and binds us together...in our geekdom at the very least.

I'm super geeked that you are attempting to make a Graflex at such a high level of authenticity! I think it is wonderful that Jedi now, and in the far reaching future, will have lightsabers on their belts because of you.

I'm still interested in the internals, (even if I have to buy the whole thing). And I'd be interested in a Stainless Steel Obi-Wan Mk1 if you made it too!

Looking forward to your updates and hopefully some production photos along the way as they become available to you!

Hey Roman

Please add me to the interest list for one flashgun unit (including buttons), will head over to the clamp thread to express interest there also! So exited about this :)

Will be buying your weathered mk1 for a birthday gift to myself hopefully next month will order, thanks for your advice so far!

Cheers
biggs

Last edited:

Hello Roman's !!

Some of FX-Sabers forum told me about your run !
I am quite interrested about having one of your replicas !!!!

But could you give us more details about the comparison with a real Graflex ?
What would be the small details that would not be as a real one ?
I know that it can be difficult to answer right now because maybe you do not have a prototype yet, but you already know some details for sure :)

I have seen this post :

Make no mistake guys. This will be the best replica you can buy. It will operate as a functional flash gun. Those of you with other replicas like Parks/Korbanth Graflex 2.0 and others. If you have never had a real Graflex and after you get this in your hands, you will feel the difference. Nothing beats a real Graflex. I've owned several real flash guns over the years and I've owned replicas. The ONLY replica that came close was the original Parks 1.0 Graflex. It was a damn good replica flash gun that functioned. It felt right...I've been on the RPF for a long time. Romans reputation is second to none and his quality is unparalleled. This will be the best replica ever made. Mark my words.

So my questions are :
1/ I am sure you are looking for best accuracy but... how far ?? :angel (please could you be very specific on the differences...)
2/ Regarding the buttons, would it be possible to use them as a real ignition button for a conversion ?

Depending on your answers, I would be interrested to take ONE complete + ONE extra bottom 3 cells.
(No I do not want to sell it on EvilBay with the price of a vintage lol)

Interested in 1 or 2 depending on price - which I've scanned for and haven't found. I did read that some people have paid, so someone must have been told. :)

Joined RPF specifically to visit this thread and got the link from Darth Ryo.

Thanks again for the link and it goes without saying, thanks to Roman for the time and effort that's gone into this project so far, plus what's yet to come.

Ryo, I'm really looking forward to seeing a preview of what you have in store for this new chassis. Fingers crossed for NB3 compatibility on the "master" version. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back