G-Force/ Battle of the Planets/ Gatchaman Helmet

Ozymandius

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This was a private commission in process that I decided to show off before it goes into the mold.

This is a stylized helmet and buckle from the 80's anime G-Force, or Gatchaman, or Battle of the Planets. Seriously, it had three different titles depending on when and where you saw it.

I still need to do the eye in the helmet, the beak visor, and the antenae, but otherwise it's done. I never get to do in progress shots, so I'm making a new effort to change that.

DSC_1172.jpg

DSC_1178.jpg

gatchaman_image__1_.jpg

Oz

Last edited:
Re: G-Force Helmet

Thats looking cool!
I've only ever seen plain smooth helmets before, with the red and black detail just painted on.

One day i want to make the Gatchaman bracelet like the one in my avatar.

I remember using one of my dad's old motorcycle helmets and mom made me a cape, I'd play G-Force all day ! Great take on the design, looks very well done !

I wondered why you'd be making a helmet for a Federal agent Guinea Pig, but I stand corrected I only knew that show as Gatchman or Battle of the Planets.

It's looking very slick by the way, really like the interpretation.

I'm a huge Gatchaman fan and I have to say that this is the most impressive helmet I've seen done so far! I love the raised design you created for both the helmet and the belt buckle. It certainly compliments the overall design. Fantastic work!

Looking good :eek: how did you make it?

Thanks guys.

The helmet was sculpted in clay over a head form matching my client's size. I then did a latex waste mold so that I could pour a hard copy in resin. I then used Bondo and epoxy to smooth everything out and sharpen all the lines till they were nice and crisp.

I will admit that I've been procrastinating on the eyes, since I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I want to do them. I need to do one set that's correct to the anime, but then I also want to do a more modern and swoopy looking set too.

I'm a voice actor, and I've done a lot of anime English dubs over the years, including the whole series of Gatchaman. I did the voice of Condor Joe, and loved every minute of it. I watched the show in the 70's when it was called Battle of the Planets, so I was really excited to be cast to do the whole series when ADV Films released it a few years ago. I would love to have one of these helmets! Very cool work. Can't wait to see the final result.

I'm interested in seeing this when it is complete.

The raised parts are an interesting take on the helmet.

Well done!

very cool. The helmet and the buckel look awesome ! Wanting to have a helmet of my own. Any chance of doing a run of these in the future?

Love it! If you get to the point of kit-ing this LMK I would love to get one
for my best friend who is an even bigger fan of the series

Just finishing up the final details on the helmet. The eyes have been molded and will be cast in tinted clear resin to give them a jewel like look with gold rims. The beak visor and the antennae are also nearing completion, and I will have pics of the full package up soon.

And while I'm at it, I will also be doing an alternate beak for the Conor Joe helmet. Couldn't let you down on that one, Jaintly.

Cheers,

Please say you'll consider doing a run of these.
Please.
This is the third time that someone has made the helmet (though not with your fantastic interpetation) and never made it to the mainstream.
The first guy priced himself out of any interest.
The second guy was a flake and lazy.
Now comes the third.
Please make this available to us. :cry

Wow... that is a great looking helmet even without the visor and paint:):thumbsup

I can only imagine your client looking like the photo below when fully suited up :D... PERFECT!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back