G-Force/ Battle of the Planets/ Gatchaman Helmet

Yep, all by hand. Built the platform in MDF and then layed the G on with Apoxy Sculpt.

The trick was to lay down plastic T shape where I wanted the apex of the bevel to be. With my high point marked like that, I then just filled in the bevels down each side.

Been out sick for a few weeks. But what work I've got done has been further hampered by paint problems.

I'm back on my feet now, so it's just down to working out these last few glitches on the prototype before they are ready.

Very nice! I used to rush home from school to watch this show, so this build is very near and dear for me. Nice work!

Had to put on hold for a little bit for a corporate rush job that came in. But I finished that last week and I'm going to try and have some new pics up this week.

Got a lot to catch up on, so bear with me.

Beautiful work, nicely done. Depending on price I'd definitely be interested in one. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Thanks for the interest, but please remember that we don't discuss sales in the open forum. Keep any such talk in the Junkyard.

This part of the forum shows up on Google and talking about sales here is a good way of getting your favorite project shut down with a 'cease and desist' before it ever gets finished.

Not slamming you or anyone else, Riceball. Just taking the opportunity to educate the community at large.

I really need to get here more often so I don't miss things. You're interpretation is the best I've seen. This will make a beautiful display.

I'm loving this project: Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman was one of my favorite shows growing up, and seeing this project, ti brings back a LOT of memories!

Awesome work so far! Looking forwards to seeing this completed!

Thanks for the interest, but please remember that we don't discuss sales in the open forum. Keep any such talk in the Junkyard.

This part of the forum shows up on Google and talking about sales here is a good way of getting your favorite project shut down with a 'cease and desist' before it ever gets finished.

Not slamming you or anyone else, Riceball. Just taking the opportunity to educate the community at large.

I totally understand. I look anxiously forward to when your JY post for this comes up. A Gatchaman costume has been on my to do list for a while now but the helmet was always the big stumbling block to doing it. Seeing your interpretation of the helmet has me thinking of how a re-imagining of the costume would go with your helmet.

Sorry to disappear again (I do that a lot). Had some corporate orders come in that had to be taken care of.

Anyway, I got the paint and vacuum table gremlins worked out of the system and am back on track. The visors are coming out clean with nice sharp detail. The helmet is in final paint now and hopefull it should all be finished soon.

DSC_0479.jpg

Got the color corrected on the belt buckle too.:lol

Awesome and a ginormous pain in the butt. Been trying to figure out how to tint the visors for the past 2 and a half weeks with no luck. Right now, that's all that's holding me up from finishing this.

I've always loved these helmets, just the look of them on display. This is an amazingly impressive build, I can't wait to see it done!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back