Full size R2D2 3d printed

Good job, doing an alu build just now, where you get the metalcast paint in the U.K.?

-z

Good job, doing an alu build just now, where you get the metalcast paint in the U.K.?

-z

Id love to do an alu build.
I ordered from the States on ebay. Cost quite abit.
I spoke to a UK supplier who i got my last one from, he said they cant import it any more due to the EU banning an ingredient.
If i do another i might try Citroen Poseidon blue.

Thanks for the info, i couldn't find it myself.

Have you seen the jaguar's caesium blue paint? Saw it in person a few weeks ago, really nice colour with a purple flip. Planning getting a tin made up.

I've not seen that blue , I will try and see some. Due to the cost I don't think it's worth importing the metal cast stuff anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oh really? Are you planning on modifying the prints at all? Anything you'd change in your process from your previous build?

cheers

Oh really? Are you planning on modifying the prints at all? Anything you'd change in your process from your previous build?

cheers
The drives in the feet. The 100w motors were not powerfully enough, I ended up with 150w.
The printed belts kept slipping as well so I went with a scooter pulleys and belts. I would probably go for a chain drive this time.
Also the motor I used in the dome,not sure what one it was at the moment but might be in the thread was a bit too loud.

Are you using the Michael B files??
Posting progress up in his Facebook group??

You should post up your new build on the UK R2D2 builders club forum (& Facebook group) as new builders would luv to follow your progress and pick ur brains lol.

As for the dome motor, your last one looked like a MFA one. I used one before upgrading it to a ‘LN’ version......it stands for Low Noise, and can vouch for it being a LOT quieter than its predecessor lol.
IMG_7184.jpg

Are you using the Michael B files??
Posting progress up in his Facebook group??

You should post up your new build on the UK R2D2 builders club forum (& Facebook group) as new builders would luv to follow your progress and pick ur brains lol.

As for the dome motor, your last one looked like a MFA one. I used one before upgrading it to a ‘LN’ version......it stands for Low Noise, and can vouch for it being a LOT quieter than its predecessor lol.
View attachment 995093

Yeah they are the Michael b files.

The dome motor was an MFA one, I didn't realise they made a low noise one. I will try to get one for my new build.

I've not posted any progress pictures anywhere yet. Not really done much yet apart from printing parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back