Deprecated FULL SIZE Alien Warrior head. (banned)

Wow what an interesting and depressing read. So sad to see people getting ripped off like this. Regarding eBay, it looks like Marty sold his molds to that guy - the guy was less than pleased with the state of the molds - you can see this in the negative feedback he left Marty...apparently they were paperthin, ripped and full of hair. So he's relisted them on ebay to try and sell them on but being honest about the crap condition they're in

I'd be tempeted to pick them up and try casting a few heads but I'm uk based and don't think he's selling to here

I think i might pick them up. But how would i go about repairing the molds? Would it be better to mold a cast that was fixed up? or would that fall into recasting?

I think i might pick them up. But how would i go about repairing the molds? Would it be better to mold a cast that was fixed up? or would that fall into recasting?

If you buy the molds, but decide the molds are trash you can instead take the head and repair the resin, and then create a new mold. You would be technically recasting, but you would be recasting an item that was yours with all right to cast. So it would be all good. Recasting is generally referenced as a bad term, but it really just means that you are making a copy of a copy. If the original mold or master is owned by you or you have rights to do this, it's all good.

Keep in mind that any imperfections will be exactly replicated in the new molds, so spend a lot of time on the resin "master copy" to get it just right. It's much easier to fix one piece before molding vs fixing every single piece that comes out of the mold.

I agree with dday. If you buy the molds, you can do with them what you like, unless otherwise agreed upon with the previous owner. In this case, I guess nobody would blame you if you make some casts to sell them for just the "production cost" to people here that paid for an Alien head. That would be some form of justice, I guess...

It would be nice to stick it to Marty - we all end up with an Alien head, and better than he could have made it?

I'm game, is anyone else? How much is the seller looking for the moulds?

Been following this thread for a while, I had planned on purchasing one of these heads when they were first released but I couldn't afford it at the time, It's a shame that I and many others won't be able to get one, even more of a tragedy what everyone that has been ripped off has gone through, I have had some terrible experiences and can know how ****ty it can be. This community has been really good to me and I know to a lot of you as well.

I was thinking about purchasing the molds but he only ships within the US and I don't know if I have the skills to work with molds. He is asking 400 + 150 shipping maybe we could crowd fund by each putting in some dollars, I would happily contribute to help our members get what they were promised and maybe do a small run to recuperate costs. I would also like to get one if the opportunity arises but getting people whats owed is the foremost priority.

Hope a solution is found soon.

Dan

Last edited:
Been following this thread for a while, I had planned on purchasing one of these heads when they were first released but I couldn't afford it at the time, It's a shame that I and many others won't be able to get one, even more of a tragedy what everyone that has been ripped off has gone through, I have had some terrible experiences and can know how ****ty it can be. This community has been really good to me and I know to a lot of you as well.

I was thinking about purchasing the molds but he only ships within the US and I don't know if I have the skills to work with molds. He is asking 400 + 150 shipping maybe we could crowd fund by each putting in some dollars, I would happily contribute to help our members get what they were promised and maybe do a small run to recuperate costs. I would also like to get one if the opportunity arises but getting people whats owed is the foremost priority.

Hope a solution is found soon.

Dan

I thought about buying them, the same as a few others. But the molds are trash and not even worth looking at. The only interesting part would be buying them to get photographic proof they are destroyed and then having him ship a casting and making new molds.

The biggest problem that I see is there are no mother molds, and mother molds are prohibitively expensive to ship. A think silicone mold with no mother mold is pretty worthless. I don't know how to make a mothermold for a silicone mold that has no casting in it. You would somehow end up with a carped casting that would take forever to fix in order to make a new mold.

Get the casting and the right to produce based on the fact you bought the molds and make the seller destroy the molds.

Clean up the casting, get it into a great shape, pour silicone on it, make a mothermold, and you're back in business.

Folks!!!

It gets 'better' (at least for those of us who Marty owed money to!)

If any of you have my e-mail, mail me directly (as my PMs are almost full) - if not PM me and I'll fill you in. Basically, I've found a way to get to Marty, and it worked.

I got my money back!!!

Folks!!!

It gets 'better' (at least for those of us who Marty owed money to!)

If any of you have my e-mail, mail me directly (as my PMs are almost full) - if not PM me and I'll fill you in. Basically, I've found a way to get to Marty, and it worked.

I got my money back!!!

Thats great news!

Absolutely - made my week, finally getting a result from Marty. He still tried to slip out of it, but I wasn't having any of it :)

Here we go, 2018 and still reading about this scumbag and the alien heads. I will say i feel sorry for you guys who got screwed. Years have gone by and still this guy is rubbing it in your face. Dont worry, karma will catch up sooner or later.

Can someone send (or post) some good reference photos of the alien head? I know there are a few different versions from the movie and i want to be sure i know what im dealing with. Id be willing to possibly sculpt a new one and give the guys who were screwed one for free. I was looking for something new to sculpt anyway, and i assure you it would be way better than assdonkeys. Im finishing up a Freddy vs Jason one right now for a client, but could start immediately when im done. Just trying to help.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back