Full size A-wing prop for Episode VIII

newmagrathea

Sr Member
Saw this, and got excited for reference purposes.

http://www.today.com/news/force-them-princes-william-harry-duel-star-wars-set-t87161

13062226_10154206372228689_7994424481189995107_n.jpg

prince-william-star-wars-004-today-160419_fab476321eaa8f488c758e1ce3cb9cdc.today-inline-large2x.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Full size A-wing prop for Rogue One

Are you sure it's not for Episode 8,.....Mark Hamill is there & isn't filming done for Rogue One

J

Just spit-balling a couple ideas/thoughts.

If it's from episode 8 then maybe Luke took an A-wing into isolation. He doesn't have R2-D2 with him, so plausible.

If it's from Rogue One they are just props that they are storing and it safer than showing new episode 8 stuff, since the A-wing is a known OT ship.

Thoughts?

According to Mark Hamill's tweets it was April 18 and multiple articles say it is the Ep. 8 set.

Just spit-balling a couple ideas/thoughts.

If it's from episode 8 then maybe Luke took an A-wing into isolation. He doesn't have R2-D2 with him, so plausible.

If it's from Rogue One they are just props that they are storing and it safer than showing new episode 8 stuff, since the A-wing is a known OT ship.

Thoughts?

In the Daily Mail article Hamill said that it 'isn't a ship he'll be piloting'

There's another angle that shows the side of the prop--definitely flatter in profile than the original A-wing and shaped more like the McQuarrie version...

There's another angle that shows the side of the prop--definitely flatter in profile than the original A-wing and shaped more like the McQuarrie version...

I am so thrilled with with the amount of homage and respect they are paying to RMQ!

As it says in the 'Kitbashed' The Complete Conceptual History of The Millennium Falcon

"Ralph McQuarrie’s sketches in particular were something of a revelation for me; I’d forgotten that he had done those early Pirate Ship sketches, and I’d never even considered the very first sketches he did as portraying the Pirate Ship (nor has anyone else as far as I can tell).

It’s also just a pleasure to revisit McQuarrie’s Star Wars, which is quite a bit different from what ended up on the screen. As much as I love the used-universe of the final film, I also appreciate why Lucas would have found the film to be somewhat disappointing when compared to what McQuarrie had put in his head. His use of color, light, shapes and space is unparalleled. Even his sketches brim with life and potential."

Now......after all these years.....it is Ralph's work & designs that Lucasfilm now understands is the true vision of the Star Wars universe

J

- - - Updated - - -

...It's a new ship/version of the A-wing as it has no hull behind the cockpit...

Well.....no physical hull anyway....who knows

J

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back