Freddy Kruger Glove from poster board and styrene

Snow Builder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We have a Con this weekend and my wife was planning on wearing a Freddy Kruger sweater and hat (no mask).

I have a beautiful metal glove made by a friend but it’s not Con safe. Using one of my old leather work gloves, we created quick paper templates then cut the glove elements out of poster board and connected them with art pins.
9F406CBC-4379-4F41-835F-5E43D4467FBC.jpeg
FC228DC5-3175-42CD-B76A-75637852810E.jpeg

The plates were given a base coat of paint.
D2E034D7-2C1F-42E2-B108-EAC1ADECC546.jpeg

The blades were cut from scrap styrene and painted metallic silver. The plates were glued to the glove and the blades glued to the finger tips. Then the serious weathering commenced.

Here’s the final piece.
9D1F5AEF-5FDA-48A0-A4A9-78A2BC9BC30C.jpeg

718D7014-22C6-486E-9B1F-91401FCBAFAE.jpeg

C2B7742F-035A-441A-B647-8B8A88EA07DE.jpeg

And here’s a couple of pics of it next to its metal sibling.
11B7F183-4FB9-4977-807F-EC5E2905B12A.jpeg

70B7F0E6-BFE8-461A-A572-640AB6E45C40.jpeg

The total build took a couple of hours and used what we had in the house, so zero cost.

All ready for the Con... ;)

that is incredible. how do you do the copper style weathering?
Thanks, the copper weathering wasn't as challenging as it probably looks. It's mostly rattle cans. I started with a black base, then hit it with silver/metal, then a sloppy coat of copper, and finished with a dusting of gold. After the colors were laid down I misted with light black spray paint to bring down the "brightness".

I finished with a small (cheap) brush and used gold, silver, bronze, black and brown acrylic paints to add stains and blotches. Hit it with silver dry brush to pickup edges.

Hope that helps.

Great work. Looks awesome. This reminds me of when I was young, back in the early 90’s, probably around when Freddy’s Nightmares was on TV. I would try to make gloves from whatever I could find around the house. One time I made one with blades I cut from a piece of metal gutter. They were razor sharp so I hid it in my closet. My dad found it and threw it out.
Good times.

Great work. Looks awesome. This reminds me of when I was young, back in the early 90’s, probably around when Freddy’s Nightmares was on TV. I would try to make gloves from whatever I could find around the house. One time I made one with blades I cut from a piece of metal gutter. They were razor sharp so I hid it in my closet. My dad found it and threw it out.
Good times.
Thanks for both the memory and the laugh ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back