Four Foot UNSC Frigate

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

A

Ardrich Keybus

Stage one of the painting process is complete, with a layer of silver spray paint now dry i can start painting the grey and black on. ^^

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

A

Ardrich Keybus

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Just a quick update on my progress from saturday, the top picture has the first layer of grey paint. (It looks a bit like a crashed alien ship with a burnt hull) The bottom picture is with the second layer of grey and dark grey details. A few more hours of painting, a layer or two of clear lacquer and the frigate is done!

A

Ardrich Keybus

The Frigate has been completed! I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words and suggestions given over the two months it took to build this model, i really appreciated it!

:231 hours of work
:8 sheets of matteboard
:7 tubes of amazing goop
:1 sheet of posterboard
:3 layers of paint
:2 layers of lacquer
:Some Blood
:A little Sweat
:No Tears
:Lots of elbow grease

The final result is just beautiful, the lacquer adds a nice shine and outines the scored details on the surface. I decided to make a stand for it, simulating a section of paneling with scratched paint over metal, a little plaque giving the name of the ship, and i made a M.A.C. round out of the brass end of my paintbrush. I assembled most of the pictures into one collage to save on upload space, but they are still a decent size, so i reccoment saving the picture and viewing it later up close. The second picture i took for the purpose of cutting it out and painting a background for. I chose a red sun because with the red panels i used during the shoot, it formed a red outline around the ship, so this seemed to be the best choice of backdrop. ^^

Tell me what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

A

Ardrich Keybus

Ah! Nergasm! That's super cool. Plans to do any more? The Pillar of Autumn perhaps?
The Halcyon class would be a great build, but there isn't enough visual data of it for me to attempt it. (sad face)

AuctionedWings

Well what I use for my UNSC models is a free program called google sketch up and people have made amazingly detailed models of the savanah in amber clad and pillar of autumn. The pillar model I used was by the user grave heart it is based off the reach design.
Ps. I'm not trying to advertise sketchup it's just a neat program.

A

Ardrich Keybus

Thank you everyone for the recent comments, i always appreciate them. ^^
"Hopefully" soon i can start on my next project, a 9 foot wearable AT-AT walker, for which i'll be providing more updates than i did for my frigate.