Four Foot UNSC Frigate

Stage one of the painting process is complete, with a layer of silver spray paint now dry i can start painting the grey and black on. ^^

10250-update-x.jpg

10251-update-x-b.jpg

10252-update-x-c.jpg

10253-update-x-d.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Just a quick update on my progress from saturday, the top picture has the first layer of grey paint. (It looks a bit like a crashed alien ship with a burnt hull) The bottom picture is with the second layer of grey and dark grey details. A few more hours of painting, a layer or two of clear lacquer and the frigate is done!

10334-update-xi.jpg

The Frigate has been completed! I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words and suggestions given over the two months it took to build this model, i really appreciated it!

:231 hours of work
:8 sheets of matteboard
:7 tubes of amazing goop
:1 sheet of posterboard
:3 layers of paint
:2 layers of lacquer
:Some Blood
:A little Sweat
:No Tears
:Lots of elbow grease

The final result is just beautiful, the lacquer adds a nice shine and outines the scored details on the surface. I decided to make a stand for it, simulating a section of paneling with scratched paint over metal, a little plaque giving the name of the ship, and i made a M.A.C. round out of the brass end of my paintbrush. I assembled most of the pictures into one collage to save on upload space, but they are still a decent size, so i reccoment saving the picture and viewing it later up close. The second picture i took for the purpose of cutting it out and painting a background for. I chose a red sun because with the red panels i used during the shoot, it formed a red outline around the ship, so this seemed to be the best choice of backdrop. ^^

Tell me what you think!

10450-unsc-winter-discontent.jpg

10451-winter-discontent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah! Nergasm! That's super cool. Plans to do any more? The Pillar of Autumn perhaps?

The Halcyon class would be a great build, but there isn't enough visual data of it for me to attempt it. (sad face)

Well what I use for my UNSC models is a free program called google sketch up and people have made amazingly detailed models of the savanah in amber clad and pillar of autumn. The pillar model I used was by the user grave heart it is based off the reach design.
Ps. I'm not trying to advertise sketchup it's just a neat program.

Thank you everyone for the recent comments, i always appreciate them. ^^
"Hopefully" soon i can start on my next project, a 9 foot wearable AT-AT walker, for which i'll be providing more updates than i did for my frigate.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back