FOUND IT !!! the right one !! Han Solo in Carbonite illumination..

Madrid Boba

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

I do not know if somebody has posted this before ( i did search it but i did not find it) ... :confused

I have a Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite on the wall, and i would like to get the same illumination as in the movie. Has anybody found or made the correct illumination? :cry

Alfredo

Mine

img0300nc.jpg

Movie

HanPopcicle.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Han Solo in Carbonite illumination..

With the directional spot shining down from above?

All that takes is a narrow beam angle spot light placed above him.

Thanks Rebelscum !!! :)

it would be great to know what kind of light (more blue or yellow) they did use.. and also the angle that the light should have (the cone of light), like for example a 12 volts halogen light has around 36 deegres... :confused

I will turn on the light when the other room lights are off... :love

Alfredo

I make it out at 20 - 21 degrees. Anything that's a good white light should do it. Halogen MR12 would be great if you can get a flood of that angle.

As for how far up, I'd just hold it up there till it looks right and figure out how to mount it whever it ends up.

I've got a can light directly above mine on the ceiling about 2 feet from the wall he hangs on. I just bought a directional can and angled it that way.

I'd like to find a bulb that would give me that look from your pic. :love

I always thought that a cheap and easy way to make the "floor grating" under Han would be to buy this plastic modular storage shelving and then put an orange UV bar light under it:

getDynamicImage.aspx

You can see from the shadows the light is just off to the 'right' as pictured, and just forward of the front surface...

A clear lens (no diffusion) halogen spot should give you that crisp white light like the original...

Hi again!!

I found it...and cheap!!! :love

It comes from IKEA, and costs 9,99 euros !!! It is a led light...

jansjo-lampara-de-trabajo__81648_PE206503_S4.jpg

And here is my HIC with the light...

img0603hw.jpg

img0605nm.jpg

If you play with the angle..or even adding a color filter, it will look 100% accurate !!! :thumbsup

By the way, the get the angle, i placed two dark paper pieces near the bulb...

hope you like it.. :confused

Alfredo

Sweet!

That looks spot (pun) on!

The only problem I would have is that light sitting on top of the HIC all the time. :confused

thanks for sharing!

Sweet!

That looks spot (pun) on!

The only problem I would have is that light sitting on top of the HIC all the time. :confused

thanks for sharing!

The base comes apart, as a fact, it comes disassembled in the box, ..and for 9,99 euros you should give it a try !!! (you can mount it on the roof or on the wall)... ;)

Alfredo

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back