foamy question

Queen Hunter

how can i make foaies less floppy? i want to make a knife with something but i dont want to cut metal and i really want to use all my foamies that are left over so i need a method to make the foamies hard... any suggestions

Get a plastic "For Sale" sign. Trace your design onto the sign 2 times. Make the pattern a little bit smaller if you can. use an exacto knife to score the sign. you should be able to just pop it out after scoring. Double up the two pieces. Hot glue will work pretty good because it's basically a plastic and will be somewhat stiff when dry. Layer foamies over the plastic pieces. Check for any sharp points sticking out and trim them for safety.
Won't be rock hard, but will be ridgid and flexable. Which will be a good thing if you are in public anywhere.

That's how I did my blades gaunlet.

Or use some cottong gauze on the back of your foamies mixed with some watered down PVA glue, a few coats and your laughing Its how ive done all my pred armour.

What mortenharket recommends is probably your best bet. Also if you coat it in plastidip or if you water down glue and apply it a few coats of that it may work as well.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back