Foaming Your Latex Suit - Help Please? :)

R Sutter

Hey guys!

Proud owner of a full P1 Scott Marshall here :) I have a quick question in regards to adding polyurethane foam to the inside of your latex skin. As of right now my skin is almost perfect, most parts fit very nicely, but there are cerain areas that need filling out (because there is simply too much space between my skin and the latex). This causes certain areas to buckle and crease, i.e. the bicep are crumples when I flex my elbow.

To counteract this, I wanted to add some polyurethane foam on the inside of the latex skin that is shaped like musculature to allow for more natural bending, allow for a tigher fit and to simply make it a little less floppy. My question is, what adhesive would you use to stick the polyurethane foam to the inside of the latex suit? Or would you have any better suggestions to counter-act the buckeling?

Help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Ralph

I am in the same boat you are. I currently just use matress foam in it but will also try the Mr. I suit to see if that works better you can simply add/remove what you need in the suit. Another bonus is for cleaning the suit after sweating. I too would love to hear of some other options.

cheers for this "new" thread...

Thanks kIwI!

I tried the Mr. I suit, it helps a little but due to the inaccuracy of the arm anatomy, not a whole lot.

I definitely need to be adding foam to my actual skin. Hopefully someone can help us out! :)

I've got the same problem, I made my skin using the Mr I method, but I've lost weight since starting the build. I was thinking of using something like a long sleeved t-shirt to go under the skin, shaping the muscles as needed, then sewing a patch of fabric over it to keep it in place.
I have used carpet spray adhesive to hold foam I've already got in the Mr I suit, but that was only in the chest area, it could be a bit messy getting the spray into the arms.

Use super 77 spray adhesive. Spray on area of foam.. Give it a minute or so to get tacky, then apply it to the inside of your skin

using this method approx how much wear do you get from it before it either loses it's "padding" or gets too disgusting from sweat? Can it be easily removed afterwards?

Hey Steve My arms are seperate and I used latex which bonds to the latex arms.I have a Mr I suit with out the arms works great. The arms need the most very easy to change up.Walmart has memory foam its easy to clean and forms to your own arm and is comfortable.I use a piece in the bi ceps, legs, calves. and guaunts.And also you can sanatize the foam with steam works for me.

Sorry Ralph I didn't mean to hijack your thread...memory foam aye? I wonder how much more weight that would add? Sounds like another alternative.

cheers

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back