Foam IronMan MkVII WIP first build

DarthVonDietz

Hi everyone I'm Mike and I'm a recently diagnosed propaholic. After lurking here for some time now, I finally registered and decided to post a bit of my progress. Aside from a few helmet trial and errors (yeah I started with the helmet lol) tho is my first try at this. And thanks to you wonderful people on the RPF I have found a wealth of knowledge. Any constructive criticism is always welcome. I've fallen in love with this hobby and wish to push my skills as I can. So without more delay here is my progress thanks to this site and JTMs foam files.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
Awesome! Those are some very well done seams brother. You using a heat gun?

Thanks. Yes I'm using a heat gun. Being a tattooist I've got pretty steady hands so smooth cuts and seams are coming pretty easy. Progress is kinda slow because of material experimentation along the way. Eventually I want to plastic cast everything but for now craft foam and figuring out what bits I can use sintra for are the name of the game.

I have, however, run into a snag. Working on the abs I can't figure out how to get the right contours on the sides. Maybe I just don't have enough experience decoding pep viewer/designer but I'm stumped. I've got my pieces cut I just can't figure the proper way to "layer" (for lack of a better word) the sections to get the proper contours. Anyone that's used these files have any tips? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back