FMA: Alphonse Build (Pic Intensive)

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Indigogyre, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Indigogyre

Indigogyre Well-Known Member

Well, after starting a pep of IM and working on some minor things to get familiar with paper work I settled on a foam pep of Alphonse from Full Metal alchemist.

Being new to things I decided to start on the chest. It was both a good and bad idea. Overall the shape of the chest came out well but I'm not happy with the top of it and that it is a bit more concave then expected. I have a few ideas to supporting the top of the chest piece to make it sit better.

Here are some images on my first foam armor pep attempt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to start working on the back patterns tonight and perhaps get some foam cut.

Dean

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. jnjoker100

jnjoker100 Active Member

Re: FMA: Alphonse Build

That thing is beautiful!

3. wickedoffroad

wickedoffroad Active Member

Looking good. Nice thing is you can fill and sand to easily clean up any lines.

4. Indigogyre

Indigogyre Well-Known Member

After being away since the board jacking I thought it was time to post an update on this. I've been working on this off and on since last year and it is slowly progressing. Once more I failed to properly scale the suit and while large it is still slightly tight on me. Looks like a serious diet is in order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now for some model pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special guest star!

[​IMG]

So, I started to look into working on the ABS for under the chest and come to the conclusion that it is not designed for a real human to wear. Well, at least not a human of my size (6'1" and 300 pounds :/ ). It's going to take some creative adjusting, and a diet, to get things to work out right.

Dean

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  5. Zaxmon

Zaxmon Well-Known Member

Keep going!

6. ChernoDragoon

ChernoDragoon New Member

Are you using a pattern that is already scaled for you or is there some upscaling calculation being used? Hows the foam working for keeping the large barrel chest stable?