Flux Capacitor Redux

Alright. Pretty happy with this. I made the two Cannon connectors, and while I was at it, the silver and blue connector. I like the balance of textures and shapes here.

Attachments

• 1JNvGfhuSDCMLgRSBLnt6w.jpg
    1JNvGfhuSDCMLgRSBLnt6w.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
  • DIbh%wfZQlygH3tPG92%Iw.jpg
    DIbh%wfZQlygH3tPG92%Iw.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 124
  • mEBAqm+BRXyxa97El38dyg.jpg
    mEBAqm+BRXyxa97El38dyg.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
So, today I wanted to make the spark plug boots a bit more accurate as well as add the little "donut" where the wire inters the backboard. I'm aware that other Flux makers have either painted existing black ones, or molded and cast their own. After hours of searching for something close to the actual boots used on the sceen-used prop (see attached screen grab from the OUTATIME documentary) ... I decided to create a 3D model and print these on the resin printer. The color is a bit bright, but I can adjust that later.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 12.58.31 PM.pngfullsizeoutput_2aa1.jpegfullsizeoutput_2aa0.jpegK23dIoS2RmS%EPdG1jlusg.jpg3KWpQ5XFTuezKS9gAAJfXg.jpg

And, why not? Here's the black and yellow elbow. Watching these appear in the OUTATIME documentary made me want to get all these right. Which also made me look at my two silver elbows .... I think they are too small. I'm printing them again 115% larger to test that theory.

5qK1pPJkR4asR21R%%aoTQ.jpgKtqrrbuqRtGodp6itJnntQ.jpg

So, to sort out the sizing I built a Stahlin box right in Fusion. I was a bit off on the size of the elbows and this helped me sort it out. I'm still eyeballing all this because I don't have any of the REAL elbows. So I'm going for getting the overall look right.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 4.46.38 PM.png

Alright, much happier with the proportions of the various elbows. I was a bit reluctant to do ALL THESE TUBES! ... But I can't tell you how much more character they give the device. It feels like a complex system that could initiate time travel!

More to come ...

ewjSqBt0RZS1GWg793jC7Q.jpg
LYB5dTlCR%W1Ofrcsj64Ag.jpg
op5VCgvLT%eFF%8E6K57dA.jpg
d4slcO+ARW6x8sjQVaJ8zg.jpg
5mNPMAqqQiak0dAZzmnwCA.jpg

Thanks! I’ve seen the one in the right before but never seen the one in the left. Really cool. Are there any screen grabs from the film where you actually see these? I know the details changed from firm to film, but I’m curious about the authenticity of those connectors.
So these are the only reference photos I could find, some were taken by the restoration team and other are from the A car in the Peterson museum,

Attachments

• AFCDDD5E-5EBF-4C68-8E1A-8367036C2FC4.png
    AFCDDD5E-5EBF-4C68-8E1A-8367036C2FC4.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 157
  • 824B4E0F-CEFB-4A89-AE5E-C596EEF72759.png
    824B4E0F-CEFB-4A89-AE5E-C596EEF72759.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 159
  • D1661E06-3F7F-459C-84FB-098D5AD15A5C.png
    D1661E06-3F7F-459C-84FB-098D5AD15A5C.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 157
Are you able to share the 3d files for the black/yellow and also the gold/silver connectors at all for a one off print?

Look at post #50:rolleyes:
I can't imagine putting that much work into making a highly sought after object printable, only to not make it available? I found another thread where he offered STLs of a less accurate set of connectors he had modeled, so I wonder what changed?

I can't imagine putting that much work into making a highly sought after object printable, only to not make it available? I found another thread where he offered STLs of a less accurate set of connectors he had modeled, so I wonder what changed?
What chaged was I was hired by Factory Entertainment to use my file as the basis for a hyper-accurate Flux Capacitor that is now coming to market. As part of that I signed a document that prohibits me from selling parts related to the Flux.

Here's the link revealing the prototype I built for FE:

What chaged was I was hired by Factory Entertainment to use my file as the basis for a hyper-accurate Flux Capacitor that is now coming to market. As part of that I signed a document that prohibits be from selling parts related to the Flux.

Here's the link revealing the prototype I built for FE:
Well, thanks for the less accurate parts anyway. They worked fine for my purposes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back