Flexitfoam 3 Mask

Jennigirl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I decided to do an experiment with Flexitfoam 3 and a mask mold I made.
It actually turned out pretty well.
I used the head form I sculpted the original mask over so the foam forms to a wearable face shape.
I got a bit impatient and pulled the mask a little early so it didn't come out perfectly.
So now I have a way of making super light and flexible mask prosthetics on the cheap, and they are ready to pull within 20 minutes.

Attachments

• 20220520_182413.mp4
    20 MB
So I decided to do an experiment with Flexitfoam 3 and a mask mold I made.
It actually turned out pretty well.
I used the head form I sculpted the original mask over so the foam forms to a wearable face shape.
I got a bit impatient and pulled the mask a little early so it didn't come out perfectly.
So now I have a way of making super light and flexible mask prosthetics on the cheap, and they are ready to pull within 20 minutes.
Wow this looks like a really versatile material. In my mind it seems like it would be creepy to handle! My fascination had me looking at the specs and it’s cool that different densities are achievable. Nice work

Wow! Maybe I *WILL* make an Offspring Hit That mask. That stuff looks great.

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 55
That looks so good. I wonder if that means it'd be really good for prosthetics or other mask stuff as a more stable alternative to foamed latex

I wonder if that means it'd be really good for prosthetics or other mask stuff as a more stable alternative to foamed latex
It´s a cheap and easier to use alternative. But it´s properties are far away from foam latex. The two materials are very different. PU foam´s tear strength is bellow foam latex. Also it´s flexibility has nothing to do with foam latex. A PU foam prosthetic won´t move as natural as a foam latex one. Nothing to do. As for full masks, no comparison possible.
It can work in situations you don´t have or can´t afford anything else in my opinion.

It´s a cheap and easier to use alternative. But it´s properties are far away from foam latex. The two materials are very different. PU foam´s tear strength is bellow foam latex. Also it´s flexibility has nothing to do with foam latex. A PU foam prosthetic won´t move as natural as a foam latex one. Nothing to do. As for full masks, no comparison possible.
It can work in situations you don´t have or can´t afford anything else in my opinion.
Thank you for explaining, udog. I'll have to think about this since I'm planning on trying mask making soon.

Thank you for explaining, udog. I'll have to think about this since I'm planning on trying mask making soon.
Mask making standard is silicone nowadays (without forgeting latex, but different kind of masks). Very good masks can be made with foam latex too depending on what you are trying to achieve, but they wont be so resistant.
Not saying PU foam can´t be used, but you cant expect the same performance and durability. Materials are what they are.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back