Fitting Mic. tips into a Stormtrooper faceplate?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Zoltar

I guess there's a first time for everything, this is my first Stormtrooper helmet build, pretty much sorted appart from the Mic. tips. Flat bottomed object into a dished hole :facepalm you know the score! Some of you TK boys must have lost count how many times you've done this so what's the best method to get these fixed in?

Drilled and bolted, hotglued..... whats your preference?

Cheers ZOLTAR

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Clutch

Master Member
Bolted. Just punch a small hole in the plastic, shove the bolt through, and fasten on the other side with a washer and nut.

vtswordfish

Sr Member
Yeah I second the bolts, just drill the whole and washer/nut it onto there. If you think that isn't secure enough you could always put a small dab of hot glue on the backside to hold it.

Nwerke

Master Member
Bolt is how the originals are done. For screen accuracy, make sure you mark up your holes and drill to ensure a "rough and asymmetrical" appearance. :lol