First time Build and I'm a little worried (I hope I posted in the right place, I am a Noob)

ThatSaxyBoi

I am planning on going to TMG in 2023 and I would love to dress up as an NCR ranger from the fallout game series, But I have no clue where to start. Idk what materials I should get, what to do just in general. If you have any advice I would love to hear it.
Thank you!

I would start with research. Collect images of the specific outfit your want to replicate. Then make a list of all the specific components you believe are necessary to pull off "the look". Some items will be iconic and thus essential that they are as close as possible. Other parts may be more generic and easy to acquire or make. If there are item you want to make, get as many images as possible from all possible angles.

This is what I would do personally: I'd start looking at real world overcoats (dusters), and military helmets, to find something that matches. The chest armour could be made from foam pretty easily. The mask has some pepakura files out there already, and could be made of foam, but 3d printed might be neater if that's an option. Then you just have to find some suitable straps and stuff to fill in the blanks.

Thank you for the advice, This project is starting to come together (planning wise at least) and I am defiantly not as worried as before!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back