first pred drawing

Not too shabby.

You drew this with a pen right? My advise to you... start with a pencil that way you can erase the mistakes and start out with a basic structure of what you want the drawing to look like. Shapes are your friend when drawing.

Look at the predators head. There are all sorts of basic shapes in it. Squares, ovals, circles, triangles, etc. Once you start to look at "references" with shapes... the world is yours.

Keep it up. Who knows... you could be the next Jim Lee and not even know it yet. :)

Yeah, I agree with Reyals. No bad at all. In fact pretty damn good for a “first time.” You even manage to capture the essence of this pred , portray feeling/ emotion in your drawing….you can see this pred’s ‘fiery’ temperament! I love the eyes. They evoke a sense of danger when looking at them.
~Estelle

Not too shabby.

You drew this with a pen right? My advise to you... start with a pencil that way you can erase the mistakes and start out with a basic structure of what you want the drawing to look like. Shapes are your friend when drawing.

Look at the predators head. There are all sorts of basic shapes in it. Squares, ovals, circles, triangles, etc. Once you start to look at "references" with shapes... the world is yours.

Keep it up. Who knows... you could be the next Jim Lee and not even know it yet.

yeah i used a pen, i was in class and was bored as hell and thats all i had. and thank you for the idea about the shapes ive never really thought about that before il start off with that my next time around. im sure it will come out better now :)

yeah i used a pen, i was in class and was bored as hell and thats all i had. and thank you for the idea about the shapes ive never really thought about that before il start off with that my next time around. im sure it will come out better now :D
Drawing... IN CLASS!!! Shame for shame. (I did it too... :D )

Yeah man. No prob. Anything to help.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back