First Head Sculpt

Crass78

This is the first thing that I've ever sculpted, but I think it's turning out kind of good. I originally started to do a wolf sculpt, but I ended up changing it. I wanted to get your guy's opinion on it so far. Once I find my camera I'll post more pictures.

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good so far. You've definately got some sculpting skill in ya so keep it up. I that chavant your using? And how long have you been sculpting it so far?

Looking good so far. You've definately got some sculpting skill in ya so keep it up. I that chavant your using? And how long have you been sculpting it so far?
Well I first started to sculpt with monster's clay, but then i ran out so i started using Van Aken. The Van Aken is a little too soft I think, but it was the only clay around, but I've been doing it whenever i have free time for about a month altogether probably. Or maybe less, I don't know.

Well I first started to sculpt with monster's clay, but then i ran out so i started using Van Aken. The Van Aken is a little too soft I think, but it was the only clay around, but I've been doing it whenever i have free time for about a month altogether probably. Or maybe less, I don't know.

Are you planning on making a mask out of it when finished?

Are you planning on making a mask out of it when finished?
Yeah. I just got 50lbs of ultra-cal. I've been researching moldmaking so i hope I don't screw it up when i do the mold- since that will also be my fist time making a mold. But I'm worried it might be small cause i didn't even take into account the latex shrinkage

I bought an armature over the internet then I added clay to get the general shape of the head then i kept building up the clay. Once it was built up I started adding the spikes, teeth, etc.. then I started adding detail. And i tried smoothing it out along the way.

I payed 50 for my armature from monstermakers.com It's not really cheap though because it cost me a lot for shipping. Probably cause i also ordered a bunch of stuff, but check out monstermakers if you haven't. They have a bunch of stuff for mask making and mold making.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back