Firefly - Deleted scene prop

It's in the show, twice if I remember correctly. The first picture is from Our Mrs. Reynolds.

Wow...very impressive looking! One of those props what was a shame it ended up relegated to the deleted scenes. Really nice job on it!

That looks fantastic! Great work all around.

I know the screen used version had a black cover. I have a screen cap around here some where, from the deleted scene, just as Simon opens it, and you can see clearly that it is black. But, I truly like the silver much better. It's just looks cleaner, richer, more futuristic the kind of thing Simon would use.

I finally got one of the cases/binders/organizers, but I have not figured out yet how I'm going to do the brass plate with the names of the different rods. (Plus, I'm still looking for a another organizer for a freing.)

I'll probably pieced together my rods out of found items, but your machined ones look dead accurate, to the real deal.

It's in the show, twice if I remember correctly. The first picture is from Our Mrs. Reynolds.

Yep, it is, and it's also seen as Simon puts some stuff away, as he talks to Book, at the start of "War Stories". (so counting the deleted scene, it's in there 3 times, and if the show had stayed on the air, who knows how many more times we would have seen it, but I guess that goes for all of the props.)

I will paint mine black eventually.

There are many places that will make the brass sheet for you. It's etched so the letters are raised. You just supply them with an image file in BMP, JPG etc format.

Yep, it is, and it's also seen as Simon puts some stuff away, as he talks to Book, at the start of "War Stories". (so counting the deleted scene, it's in there 3 times, and if the show had stayed on the air, who knows how many more times we would have seen it, but I guess that goes for all of the props.)

I will paint mine black eventually.

There are many places that will make the brass sheet for you. It's etched so the letters are raised. You just supply them with an image file in BMP, JPG etc format.

Can you explain what a "brass sheet" is and how the letters are raised?

Oh god, now you're asking. It was done a long time ago and I can't remember if it is laser etched, photo-etched or acid etched or etcha-sketched :wacko

Basically find a company that does etching on brass sheet (of which there are thousands) and send them the artwork.

Can you explain what a "brass sheet" is and how the letters are raised?

Oh god, now you're asking. It was done a long time ago and I can't remember if it is laser etched, photo-etched or acid etched or etcha-sketched :wacko

Basically find a company that does etching on brass sheet (of which there are thousands) and send them the artwork.

Hey this is your fault. :behave I was not interested in the encyclopedia until I saw yours in your show off thread.

Someone else mentioned this as a possibility for my Davinci Code Cryptex Rose plate but I am not familiar with it.

Brass Etching. I'm sorry, I'm still not getting it. :facepalm :facepalm I mean I get the etching but how does it work on the Encyclopedia? It looks like Gold raised letters on a black sheet?????????????

It's a brass sheet painted black then the black paint is sanded away from the raised areas only.

Hey this is your fault. :behave I was not interested in the encyclopedia until I saw yours in your show off thread.

Someone else mentioned this as a possibility for my Davinci Code Cryptex Rose plate but I am not familiar with it.

Brass Etching. I'm sorry, I'm still not getting it. :facepalm :facepalm I mean I get the etching but how does it work on the Encyclopedia? It looks like Gold raised letters on a black sheet?????????????

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back