Firefly - Deleted scene prop

<div class='quotetop'>(drusselmeyer @ Nov 11 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1355753[/snapback]</div>
Email Coyle, he may know something about these.
[/b]

About the Encyclopedia?

I'm very curious about making this prop - I have the organizer, but am not sure how to proceed from there. I'm currently involved with a Firefly realted fan film (different ship and crew, same 'verse), and would like to use this prop in that.

The "Dobson Prop" had the PDA..........

dobsonprop1avb9.jpg

.....and the Encyclopidia does not .

encyclopedia1dba3.jpg

propmaster2000

Exactly what I thought! But some people seem to be mixing up the two props LOL!

Last edited:
Wow, Propmaster2000, your Encyclopidia looks fantastic! I still have my book for it, but never started on it. Any advice on the data cartridges?

Thanks for sharing that pic.

I think the pda one was one of the funnest things I worked on.

Kaylee - yes, as a matter of fact I am :)

Thanks for the kind words, now if only we could get the bloody thing finished - lol

Did anyone ever finish one of thes? I totaly missed this thread, until today. I can't believe I missed this. I remember seeing one of those planners back in the 90s, and wanted it so bad, but they stopped selling them at the store I saw them in, buy the time I got back to buy one. Now, I find out all these years later, that it was not only a prop in my favotire TV show, but that it also showed up in two other shows I loved. :)

Any new leads on where to get one of these planners now a days?

EDIT: I was thinking of a different prop. Mine still isn't finished but I have most of the parts.

Did anyone ever finish one of thes? I totaly missed this thread, until today. I can't believe I missed this. I remember seeing one of those planners back in the 90s, and wanted it so bad, but they stopped selling them at the store I saw them in, buy the time I got back to buy one. Now, I find out all these years later, that it was not only a prop in my favotire TV show, but that it also showed up in two other shows I loved. :)

Any new leads on where to get one of these planners now a days?

Last edited:
I only found out a couple days ago that it was in episodes other then the deleted scenes, so I wasn't that intereested, until I fould that out, and then I took the time to read the thread, and saw what a cool prop it is. I've looked, around, and I can't find any of the franklin organizers online. :(

I konw there is a way to do the etching of the brass at home, but I for get how you do it,, since i haven't done it myself. :(

I'm always late to the party. Oh, well, I guess, I'll just have to wait until one of the organizers go up for said, or for there to be enough new folks in to making these for there to be another thread/run/etc.

:):thumbsup Nice that you post this as i just today wrote a PM to jason1976 with the same content.
Btw. i´m pretty sure it was used in one of the first season episodes of nuBSG also!

Well, that is very exciting, and they even have it in black, if you don't want to have to paint it. However, theirs is one of the worst designed pages I have seen. I couldn't find any pricing info, I couldn't find where they are located, and when I went to send them an e-mail to inquire about the above info, the form was we to involved. (It was unclear witch line was for my e-mail address, and with was for a title line for the e-mail. They ask for your company name, what your company does, who much your company makes in a year. etc. etc .ETC.)

They could be in Hong Cong, or they could be just down down the street from me. I can't tell. :(

I would love it if we could bring a run together. I mean, I am working out a deal with a member to buy theirs, for my own needs, but I have a couple friends here in the real world that are also looking for these, and I wouldn't mind having an extra one, if the price was right. Plus, if someone did do a run, they could open it up to fans of those other shows it appeared on. (of course those are small groups like the firefly fans, and there may be some over lap, like I'm a B5 nerd too. :lol)

Saw the pictures before reading your comments and I thought... Wow! He got the prop from the show!!

Amazing replica. Spot on. Love it!

Wow...very impressive looking! One of those props what was a shame it ended up relegated to the deleted scenes. Really nice job on it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back