"Finished" My Vader Costume

Hedjii72

Sr Member
I'm in a place where I can call my 1:1 ANH Vader "finished". I finally put together the chestbox last night so he finally looks presentable. Hard to believe I started way back in 2005 with the helmet, and only now can call it done. It's still a work in progress, I guess, because I'd like to add wire to the arms to make them poseable and less stiff. I also have to drill a hole through the sole of one of the boots to accommodate the stand for the mannequin.

I know that he's not the most accurate, but I'm happy with the overall look.

You'll notice the chestbox and belt are not weathered, and the tusks are both silver. I guess I was going for an idealized look, perhaps when the costume was new and Vader hadn't been into battle with it. Maybe one day if I get sick of it, I'll go ahead and weather it more.

There's a part of me that would like to replace the helmet with the upcoming eFX one, but I've actually grown quite attached to the helmet I have, and I'm not sure I feel like selling it to raise the money for the eFX.

At any rate, please enjoy the pictures.

vader2.jpg

vader1.jpg

vader3.jpg

Very nice, but did you purposely put the one belt box upside down to drive us nuts?:lol Well done.:thumbsup

Your Vader looks great! I too recently completed my ROTS version & had no idea how many changes & versions Vader has had. To most people (not us prop guys & gals) Vader is all black with a light up chest. When I started mine I thought it was going to be the easiest SW costume.....boy was I wrong! Can you tell us where did you purchase the mannequin? I need to have mine on display & am wondering if I should buy a female & mod it or go with a male one. I too am thinking of adding the ANH eFx helmet to my collection. I was one of the 250 who purchased the McQuarrie signed edition helmets & it was stunning! Sadly I had to sell it to buy another prop. Again great job on your Vader!

That looks fine - i like him :thumbsup

And as time comes by, you'll decide by your own to change or weather parts as you prefer - it's still a Display to yourself and if you're happy by now -> enjoy ;-)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back