Finished Green Goblin helmet with screen accurate paintjob

GF

Sr Member
Here's my Green Goblin helmet with correct movie paintjob, this was by far the most difficult helmet to match the paintjob, the paintjob is what makes or breaks this helmet, I only seen a handful with correct paintjob, the paint alone costs almost as much as the helmet kit :(

20160822_220635.jpg

20160822_220802.jpg

20160822_220827.jpg

20160822_220914.jpg

20160822_221025.jpg

GFollano

Can you post what paint(s) you used? Also did you use a high gloss black or silver as your base coat?

Can you post what paint(s) you used? Also did you use a high gloss black or silver as your base coat?
Its been a while I dont remember the brand of paint but it was a shift color paint very very expensive, a small can just enough for helmet $300 applied very thin coats 10 total over a silver base coat, the paint is very translucent so you build up until you start to see color shift, the first 4-5 coats you dont see nothing as you apply you start seeing the purple/green colors amazing color shifet effect paint, once finished I sprayed whole helmet with a satin clear coat like movei original.

This looks amazing. You did a great job matching the paint. The green goblin helmet itself also looks amazing. Very screen accurate. Where did you get the goblin mask? Were did you get the lenses done and do you by any chance know where you got the paint from? I see you mentioned you don't remember the brand of paint. Does it matter what brand of paint and what type of colour shift paint did you use? Was it gamma green?

This looks amazing. You did a great job matching the paint. The green goblin helmet itself also looks amazing. Very screen accurate. Where did you get the goblin mask? Were did you get the lenses done and do you by any chance know where you got the paint from? I see you mentioned you don't remember the brand of paint. Does it matter what brand of paint and what type of colour shift paint did you use? Was it gamma green?

Check BASF colorshift paint , not sure if thats the brand i used since I dont have the original bottle the paintshop put the mix in a jar

GFollano

It was a Silver base, I had tried black but was way too dark totally different results, silver is 100% the way to go.

GFollano

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back