FINISHED!!! Doctor Who: The History of the Time War - The Book

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
image.jpg

I saw this some time back, and I thought this would be a great project to tackle. But I thought how could I replicate that book?

I then put this project on the back burner until I saw something in anexibit in the Titanic museum in Gatlinberg, TN.

image.jpg

From there I knew it was on! Now back to graphics design!

Last edited:
Re: Doctor Who: The History of the Time War

There's a good shot of the plate on the front in the DOCTOR WHO: THE VAULT book. :)

Re: Doctor Who: The History of the Time War

That book/that picture is what got me for started on this project.

Re: Doctor Who: The History of the Time War - The Book

I finished the sizing of the plaque, which was actually not symmertical as looking at it would make one believe, and making the actual graphics contained within. If I never vector another circle, it'll be too soon!!!

I am now waiting for the completion of the lasercut plaque from an outside source.

htw6.jpg

Great Project... bobatrek :) :thumbsup Will follow this for sure!

If you ever going to sell replicas of the Corners and/or title Plaque, consider me interested ;)

Thanks for your message bobatrek... already replied :thumbsup

Congrats on finding the right bible. A friend has one that's absolutely shredded and it cost him an arm and a leg.

Nicely done looking forward to seeing the final project. Can you share any more info about the bible? I've benn looking for info online but nothing so far gives any details about the bible in terms of publication date or publisher. Anything that would help in finding one online. Thanks

From what I have found out, the Bible is from the 1880’s. Unlike modern books, this Bible does not seem to have, none that I could locate anyway, any publisher markings dating it.

What I did find interesting are the family inscriptions, hand written within.

register1.jpg

register2.jpg

When I first started looking for it, I had no idea it was even a Bible, until I saw one in a Titanic exhibit (there’s some irony for you…). There was a brief description of the owners and the year of the one there was from the 1890s. So I started my search on Google for an antique Bible with brass.

Then a couple weeks later I saw one on eBay and jumped on it. And that's about it.

Very well done, congratulations. The only minor improvement I can suggest is to weather the brass plate a little, make it look the same age as the corner brackets.

Just had a look at the family bible that was handed down from my great grandparents, turns out it's very similar. It has a section of remembrance for the Great War so is probably from the 1920's. Are you going to do a run? I'd definitely be down for one.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back