Finished Boar Helmet(Pictures)

That's hot...I may even have to get one. You should do some comparison shots between the old and new. I'll PM you some stuff on resins too...

Gene! You funny *******! I nearly choked at the end of the video I laughed so hard! Your skills have improved, Jedi. I felt like I was watching a made for TV video of one of the studios in Hollywood. Nice thing about the Gen 2 Boar is that the eyes are closer together this time for improved visibility. Overall, it looks better. Well done, take a bow, my friend. You said you used platinum silicone to make your mold. Keep in mind what George said about high heat reactive materials breaking down your mold. Heat is the inevitable by-product of casting, and can be mitigated by post-curing your mold. You literally bake your molds at low heat (150 degrees anywhere from 4- 8 hours). This strengthens and extends the life of your silicone molds, whether tin or silicone based. Here is what Smooth On has to say about it: http://www.smooth-on...faq_id=14&cID=1 I would call their technical assistance line and tell them exactly what silicone you used, and they will tell you for how long to bake it. They tell you not to use your kitchen oven because of vapors and other safety issues. They do show you alternate methods to bake your molds on their website. I would definitely do that before going any further. 2011 has been a banner year for some great pred-projects, of which yours is one. Great job, amigo!

Thanks everyone!

Carl - Thanks for the tip about POST CURING the silicone. Was totally unaware of that fact. Good INFO!

Clay - That is a VERY COOL IDEA! Literally taking the them of a wild boar and applying it to the helmet! Sorta Tribal-dirty-swamp crud-covered-tusked bio!

I am gonna brain storm some idea on that! GOOD STUFF!

I am gonna add this to the For Sale List and sometime this week add it up in the FOR SALE section. Keep an eye out if your interested. I think I will probably only offer them completed. I love painting them over and over again, I got the technique pretty much to the point of second nature, which then allows me to kinda experiment CONFIDENTLY and not worry so much about fudging it.

What does everyone think? EYE MESH or LENSES? And what color for each Silver of Black?

Thanks again

Oh man I keep on going back and looking at it and evrysingle time i see something I missed the last time. I'm loving the greeeblies some are so subtle you have to really llok to find them!
It's going to be a much welcomed addition to my collection.
congrats again on this great project!
Lem

Ok seriously.

WHAT THE HELL ARE GREEBLIES!? HAHA I know they are the little gizmos on the bio.... but I just HATE that word! haha

I didn't consider other people wanting to paint them JediInThwei... I will reconsider! :)

Ok seriously.

WHAT THE HELL ARE GREEBLIES!? HAHA I know they are the little gizmos on the bio.... but I just HATE that word! haha

I didn't consider other people wanting to paint them JediInThwei... I will reconsider! :)

Awesome.
The joy is in the journey, as you know. And since I can't sculpt, yet thoroughly enjoy the creative process, I would love to get my hands on one and hope to give some small degree of justice to this awesome piece.
Thanks for reconsidering, and just let me know. I would consider it a Christmas present to myself :)

Bill

AAAAWWWWWWWWSSSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...man, now thats a vid.nice heavy backing track too.
THEM BIOS ARE CRAAAZZZZZYYYYYYY NICE.

Who started this "GREEBLIES!" lol every time I see this here I picture Wonka candy for some odd reason....

Who started this "GREEBLIES!" lol every time I see this here I picture Wonka candy for some odd reason....

Agreed. I prefer to call them "snigglets" o_O. Back on topic: Gene, this bio is too cool for school. I cannot wait to get this bad boy!!!

I am glad I am not the only one who hates the term GREEBLIES!

I am working on Phase 2 of this helmet. Its a special surprise. Want to totally customize this thing out! Make it bad ass!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back