Fine Molds Millenium Falcon 1/72

mbnz77

Hi All

I'm a newcomer here and I thought I would share my recently completed Falcon.

I mostly build model aircraft, I had the Falcon kit in the stash for about 6 years and finally got inspired to build it. I must say it was great fun, next up I'm thinking a Bandai X-Wing might go nicely with it.

Thanks for looking.

MF01.jpgMF02.jpgMF03.jpgMF04.jpgMF05.jpgMF06.jpg

Great paint! Especially on the figures in the cockpit. Could you possible add more pictures of them and speak to your painting techniques that you used on them?

Beautiful job. I would be curious to see it in front of a neutral colored background as the white seems to be washing out some of the coloring. But the paint and weathering from what I can see looks VERY good. The beauty of doing one of these is when you finish, you really do feel like you accomplished something major.

Thanks for your kind words guys. I think you are right JMChlladek about the background as in reality the model is a lot warmer in terms of paint colouring. I will try to get some more pictures up with a different background in the next few days.

in terms of the figures I didn't really use any special technique. They were painted with Italeri acrylics (which I belive are rebrand Vallejo paints?) which seem to go on nicely with a brush. Following a gloss coat a simple enamel black wash was used to pop the rather poor detail, which was then followed with a flat coat.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back