Fine Molds 1/72 MF Coming soon!! (November 2011)

Redman99

I just got this email from Hobbylink Japan:

The Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon is Coming Back!

One of our best selling model kits ever is coming back! After another year of want-it-but-cant-get-it frustration for fans around the world, Fine Molds is going to do another limited reissue of their spectacular 1/72 Millennium Falcon kit. And what's more, you'll be able :thumbsupto get it from HLJ for 30% off of the list price! The perfect gift for yourself, or any Star Wars fan, the Falcon will be back out in November! (We were so excited when this kit first came out five years ago, we made the silly video on the bottom of this page showing it off).

Don't miss the special display case, available separately (and shown below)!

Not going to miss out this time :)

Oh great! And that's after I bought mine for $350 :angry 'It was limited edition, long gone, out of production' he said!...

Oh well, after all, I guess, it is only a good thing - more people will be able to get it...

It looks like FineMolds is doing a pretty good marketing strategy here. They do a production run and sell it out before doing another one. As such, they aren't loaded down with excess inventory in warehouses and the demand for the kits continues to stay high. I have built one of these kits and it was a very fun experience. I won't be able to take part in this purchase due to my meager funds right now. But, I will say if you are on the fence about getting one of these, go ahead and take the plunge as it is a BEAUTIFUL kit!

Oh great! And that's after I bought mine for $350 :angry 'It was limited edition, long gone, out of production' he said!...

Oh well, after all, I guess, it is only a good thing - more people will be able to get it...

Well, (as Obi Wan had said) that was true, from a certain point of view...

I might be able to get one this time. Saving my pennies for the TOS Enterprise, so I guess I will have to work overtime to get this one as well.

Kenny

Cool! Just found out that if you were on the previous waiting list, you will be contacted to place the order! :) Anybody have an idea ob how long HLJ takes to deliver?

Cool! Just found out that if you were on the previous waiting list, you will be contacted to place the order! :) Anybody have an idea ob how long HLJ takes to deliver?

Despite being in Japan they are pretty quick, like if you order it at the beginning of the week you'll probably have it before the end of the week.

This isn't yet in stock however, so you'll have to wait a bit. I saw at one point it said November, and another time it said at the end of September, now it says November again. I'm guessing maybe for the people who were on a waiting list will have first chance then everyone else in November.

Cool.... I was on the waiting list!!!.... :love :love

Despite being in Japan they are pretty quick, like if you order it at the beginning of the week you'll probably have it before the end of the week.

This isn't yet in stock however, so you'll have to wait a bit. I saw at one point it said November, and another time it said at the end of September, now it says November again. I'm guessing maybe for the people who were on a waiting list will have first chance then everyone else in November.

I wish they'd expand the line with some different models as opposed to reissuing ones they've already done or doing them in a different scale...

Can I get a tyderium shuttle? Or an AT-AT?

Sean

Nice! I have to pick one up this this time.

I wish they'd expand the line with some different models as opposed to reissuing ones they've already done or doing them in a different scale...

Can I get a tyderium shuttle? Or an AT-AT?

Sean

Amen brother! Both of those would be a great addition to the line.

Derek

Id say it would be worth the buy, if FM would get off there butts and sort the mandible (i just had to start it didnt i lol) toe in.

Would be nice to see them delve into something new though, a 1/144 Slave is about as exciting as watching lead based paint dry, give us an ATAT at 1/72 maybe, or a nice scaled ISD...all the re hashes are a bit of a let down.

I think the best recent model has been the 1/48 TIE, thats about it.

lee

ok, this is way affordable then the MR's MF and also the Lego MF..

BUT i have never ever build a kit before, let alone this size... what are the chances that a newbie like me is able to accomplish this?

ok, this is way affordable then the MR's MF and also the Lego MF..

BUT i have never ever build a kit before, let alone this size... what are the chances that a newbie like me is able to accomplish this?

Well, good practice for this kit is to build one of the other FM offerings, such as the X-Wing or the Y-Wing (the Y-wing would be a good lead up). If you have NEVER done a kit, start with three or four to get your building and painting skills down. So maybe start with one of the easier offerings out there, then move onto an FM subject or two, THEN do the Falcon if you feel you are ready for it.

There isn't really anything that is a red flag on the Falcon for a newbie, BUT it has A LOT of parts in it and those can even give an intermediate to expert modeler a chance to pause since they are overwhelmed by the sheer number. The main factor that helps lead to a successful build of one of these IMHO is organization of the work area. Have a good set of sprue cutters handy, some small files and a good floor that you can find model parts on when a piece goes flying. Keep a highlighter handy as one thing that helped my organization was whenever I glued a part on, I crossed it off on the instructions so I would not get confused as to which step I was on. The work also went a little faster I think as a result. It still took me about a month to build the thing, working about two to three hours a night.

Plastic weld glues work best for building it as you can position a small part on the hull, touch the edge with a brush and capillary action will bond it to the surface really nice.

hmmm, this sounds more difficult that it seems.. i just realize that the kit come unpainted (lol, i know.. ) and i had no idea how to start "painting" or air brushing it... I think this pose more challenge that my other hobby which is lego building..

the prices on this kit is sure tempting.. :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back