Fine Molds 1/72 MF Coming soon!! (November 2011)

I'm a big fan of the FM MF and there 'seem' to be some toe in toe out and mandible issue, can some one post some pictures to show the diferences between the correct and incorrect one?

well, obviously Finemolds is well aware of the mandible problem, since they correctly toed in the 1/144 scale falcon.

and even on the box art for 1/72 falcon, toe in of mandible is pretty obvious.
even though I'm not sure whether finemolds used pre-existing paint for this box art
or created their own painting for this.

so, the question is did they spend the time, money and effort in this release,
or just used the same old die without any changes.

probably should ask the finemolds people directly, email them and
see if they are willing to answer questions.
their overseas customer department seem to be umisoto@finemolds.co.jp
according to their web site.

also, for some reason, Fedex shipping is 4486 yen, when EMS is 6000 and SAL 7300.

I emailed HLJ to see if this is really the case, or just typo.

I would say there's no chance that they fixed the mandibles, since it would require retooling of not only the top and bottom pieces (probably $30,000 each) but any of the pieces that go around that area as well.

Most people probably don't care--I know I don't mind.

You know what is funny about the whole mandible issue, I've seen plenty of people gripe about it, but I have yet to see ONE completed and painted FM Falcon with the fix. I've seen a few get started, but none finished.

I saw one a year ago. It looked really great.

The thing about it is that given the angled in jaw, it gives the illusion that the mandibles actually splay out.

As much as I love this kit, I'm more looking forward to getting a blue moon kit for the mpc falcon.

I just got a Paypal invoice from HLJ for the Falcon... happy days!

I also picked up the 1/48 X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Snow Speeder. All very nice, and superbly detailed kits.

Al

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back