Fine Molds 1/72 C-3PO

temponaut

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Fine Molds latest reissue of their 1/72 X-Wing Fighter bears a round sticker on the face of the box, announcing the inclusion of a limited edition 1/72-scale brass C-3PO figure with the kit.

[attachmentid=5842]

Inside the box, neatly double-bagged, you'll find the protocol droid in all his tiny glory. He stands just 2.5 cm tall:

[attachmentid=5845]

There's a peg that protrudes from his right heel. I pressed it into a block of styrofoam in order to help him stand up for these shots.

[attachmentid=5846]

The figure is a promotion and included without charge -- at least, at my local shop in Tokyo, the price was the same for the X-Wing kits with or without the figure. I couldn't find any information in the kit about how many of these figures FM plans to issue.

Note that the X-Wing kit itself is exactly the same as the previous issues. This is NOT a new kit. It seems as if Fine Molds wanted to come up with a way to stimulate repeat purchases by people who already have this kit. It sure worked on me. The little brass dude was too cool to pass up... and I figure you can never have too many X-Wings. :D

EDIT: Photos removed in order to create more global attachment space. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back