Finally finished my (digital) Tarkin bust

daz

I've been chipping away at this guy forever. I'm going to jump onto printing as soon a I can. (have a new machine on its way to me!).

tarkin3.jpg

I've been chipping away at this guy forever. I'm going to jump onto printing as soon a I can. (have a new machine on its way to me!).

View attachment 1039444
This is amazing!!! Though Im not surprised based on your past work you've posted.

Are making a series of busts of particular Star Wars characters?

Again, this is phenomenal work, the likeness is spot on.

This is amazing!!! Though Im not surprised based on your past work you've posted.

Are making a series of busts of particular Star Wars characters?

Again, this is phenomenal work, the likeness is spot on.

I don't have a grand plan honestly Kal! I just enjoy sculpting. And er, Star Wars. But since I historically suck at finishing projects, this one I definitely plan to take as far as an actual bust and hopefully a small run of resin kits.

Looks fantastic. Captured in one of his more lighter moments where he let the stern look drop. :)

Wish you would do this in 1:6 scale.
No real reason why I couldn't refactor this to be 1:6 scale TMG. Actually, this project started out as a mod for the Black Series 1:12 Tarkin (see pic here: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...ren-pattenden-moff2-artstation.jpg?1531185101 ). It then turned into an alternative head for the 1:6 scale Hot Toys Tarkin (which gets rave reviews but I personally feel is a little off) but I still haven't finished that yet either (mostly because I'm a little stuck on what to do with the neck socket). It then became a full bust. That I WILL print!

WOW!! This is insane!
I love the subtle shaping of the eye lenses. Most people I've seen model spheres for eyes. But the human eye has a bulge where the lens is. It also helps add to the "focus" of the model, giving a hint of where he's looking without having to add color or "pupils".
Very nice work.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back