Finally completed my head

First off, I LOVE your username. LOL!

whats the "King Jamie" technique? I'm actually modifying a construction helmet into my undermask, so i"m curious to see what you did if you used a rugby helmet.

Im really not sure if he's around still, but King Jamie made these kinds of masks 5 or six years ago when I first got into this. What I did was get a baseball helmet (couldn't find a rugby one) and cut the brim off the front. Then drilled holes around for the dreads and added velcro to the top and the pred helmet itself. To keep them on I used thick wire and basically laced them together inside the helmet.

And yes, I was going to add some kind of small teeth or beads to the dreads but I was in a crunch for time haha and also....I used industrial grade foam tubing for the dreads...not a great idea. The whole thing weighs around 15-16 pounds :/

Those dreads look great. They might be heavy, but damn they look good!

Good job on the helmet idea. Jamie isn't around anymore - he's doing jailtime for doing bad things.

Really? Is it related to Costuming? Or something that shouldn't be discussed on this board? Aside from that, Does most of the weight come from the hat or the dreads?

hey thanks man :)

well it is a head hahah
but yeah most of the weight comes from the dreads themselves. not to bad if you've got a chin strap or a beanie though

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back