Finally a working cannon

predator paul

Hi guys this is something I have been working on for a few weeks and have finally got it dialled. The basic setup is 3 servo motors to directly control the cannon and a 40 mhz controller unit with a 200 metre range. Comic-con is next week so this should be finished soon. I'll post more soon. The cannon is from here (Thanks to Maverick118) but the rest I drew in Photoshop. ;)

.'. Work in progress .'.

cannon-1.jpg

.'. Update! .'.

Cannon I modelled in 3D Max a while ago to get a feel of the movement :lol:

predcannonanim1.gif

cannon-1.jpg

predcannonanim1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice diagram and easy to follow. God bless Photoshop.
I would like to see more of this kind of detail in other weapon and armour builds.

Paul it looks the business, if you can get it to work it's gonna be THE BUSINESS(no doubt you will indeed) Best of luck mate, looking forward to seeing this!

With parallel levers you only need 1 to get it up (and instantly syncs) and the other two are to pivot up-down and left-right.

yeah it does automatically lift when activated. Thanks for the heads up. Are you coming to Comicon next week in London? Would be great to meet some of you guys. ;)

Paul .'.

Hi guys, not been well for the last few days so this was put on hold :sick:

Heres a test video. The cannon is made but still needs a bit of tweaking. My Pirk Cannon was too heavy, even after hollowing out so I'm using the foam cannon that came with the backpack. Ideally I would like to use a Carlart but this will do for now. Enjoy :popcorn:

Video 1

Video 2

p.s Apology for the quality filmed it on my phone cam o_O

These infos are great..

BTW how do u gonna build the control into ur costume? Or do u give the control to second person whos gonna move it. That would be very interesting. Till then keep it up o_O

These infos are great..

BTW how do u gonna build the control into ur costume? Or do u give the control to second person whos gonna move it. That would be very interesting. Till then keep it up :popcorn:

Because it has a 200 m range Another person can operate it from a distance, therefore creating the illusion of a independant
Movement. Does anybody in the U.K have a spare carlart kicking about? The foam one is too dinky o_O

As I said Paul no doubt you could do this, it looks great!

Thanks it was fun. I have it mounted on the shoulder of the backpack now and the wires run through a hole I drilled in the mount and it sits in the medpack section nicely to hide the reciever and battery pack. I could easily mount it on the gauntlet, it's wireless I'll get the old screwdriver out and see how compact I can make it. o_O

Thats frikkin cool! I love animatronic stuff. I had that same dinky foam canon....Carls is far superior. :popcorn:

Yeah I saw in your WIP thread . you have a Carlart I want one sooooo bad. PM coming your way Carl :sick: I have played around with several methods to light it with sound here are my ideas that will soon become reality.

1: Luxeon 1 led with a stroboscope timer effect (potentionometer)

2: (Easier) Removable camera flash Halogen with a remote control reciever

3: Basic blue/whitebulb with blue gel paper with a finger switch linked up to mp3 player (when switch is pressed cue ipod sound)

Ay others? o_O

yeah it does automatically lift when activated. Thanks for the heads up. Are you coming to Comicon next week in London? Would be great to meet some of you guys. o_O

Paul .'.
Fraid not, I'm about to backpack in Wales in a week or so with my girlfriend...

Neat! You could control it using an XBee radio transmitter stashed inside the gauntlet and have bend sensors on your fingers to move it. Originally that's how I planned on doing mine but then it turned into a much more complex system.....

Love the cannon mate, been tryin to figure the amnimatronics out for one, but you've explained everything! top job matey.

I'll be at the comicon at Earls next sunday, so maybe see some of you guys there?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back