Finally a working cannon

Thats almost the same way I used servos to move my Terminator's head from side to side and jaw to open and close. The movements on mine were not as pronounced as yours as there wasn't as much travel especially on the jaw.

I found the movement on mine to be a wee bit jerky and never solved how to make it smoother. Looks like you have the same jerkiness but to be fair so did the original Predator.

Fine work and "just lets you shows you as" my brother and law says that animatronics isn't all about big hollywood effects.
Hope to see more of your work. Hint for you to make retracting blades/spear/net launcher.

I paid £40.00 for the Futaba kit. It comes with 2 servos, reciever crystal and radio controller. Just google Futaba Attack T2ER
Did you preffer that set or would others work just as well? I found this set on fleaby a Futaba AM 4-Channel ATTACK 4VWD R/C Set it seemed a little high at $127 plus $39 for shipping. I'm gonna check my local hobby store and see what they have. Previous to finding your post I purchased a X10 NINJA Robotic Pan 'n Tilt XCam2 Mount for just left and right cannon movement and its slowwwww. My cannon is heavy I wonder if the S3003 series servos will work? I dont know much about servos myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a photo of my cannon its hollow on the inside but is still heavy. I still need armature and base for it too. Do you know what servos would be best?

102_0024.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back