filmjackets.com! satisfied with them or not??

Jaxonrodd1980

I bought the Explorer 2 jacket from them and when it was shipped to me and I was wearing that jacket for my friend’s bachelor’s party, its sleeve torn apart from the rest of the jacket. What a clumsy stitching they did to the jacket! They ruined my god dam party! They simply broke my trust. For me by doing that fleecing tricks they could have the shopping done only once but not again.

I know Rick has been having major problems over there with there last order but if you are not satisfied I am sure he will make it right

Jaxonrodd1980 said:
filmjackets.com! satisfied with them or not??
I bought the Explorer 2 jacket from them and when it was shipped to me and I was wearing that jacket for my friend’s bachelor’s party, its sleeve torn apart from the rest of the jacket. What a clumsy stitching they did to the jacket! They ruined my god dam party! They simply broke my trust. For me by doing that fleecing tricks they could have the shopping done only once but not again.

Response from Rick Theriault, co-owner of FILMJACKETS.COM:

If you would like to disparage a business, one of the best ways is to offer proof that you have been ripped off or otherwise mistreated. And jaxonrodd1980 will not be able to do this. How can I be confident saying that?

Regretfully, we have never made a single FILMJACKETS.COM brand Explorer 2 and I personally own the prototype of the only Explorer 2 in existence, so I find jaxonrodd’s tale of woe highly unlikely, to say the least.

Nevertheless jaxonrodd, I would like to invite you to post some images that show the damaged jacket along with our label clearly visible, so everyone can see what a terrible person I am for ruining your party. And if you say you threw the jacket away or something equally as silly, we will know you are not being honest (again).

However, if you are correct and can show proof, I will not only replace the jacket at no cost to you as often as I need to until you are 100% completely satisfied – but I will issue you a coupon code worth $50 toward the purchase of any other jacket on the site as well. Since I expect that you will not want to do business with us after these “fleecing tricks” I will even make the coupon code transferable to any member of the RPF that you designate.

To any readers of the RPF who had to waste time reading jaxonrodd1980’s baloney (and unfortunately, my response), I will offer an apology and some background about what I think happened:

FILMJACKETS.COM posts suspicious vendors in our Hall of Shame for stealing images and offering misleading information to customers. Two days ago, we added another site to the Hall of Shame because they are using stolen images on their site from Logan’s Closet (and others) to peddle their jackets. We perform this service for free – kind of like a consumer advocate so that people can make the best decision when purchasing a replica jacket.

I expect that since jaxxonrodd1980 just joined today this is more than likely this vendor trying to get back at me. Or one of the other ones in the Hall of Shame, I don’t know. I will repeat here what I stated on my site: My professional advice is to steer clear of these sites. All they want is your money and they will lie, cheat and steal to get it. They practice the internet version of the “sleight of hand” trick by showing you one jacket and sending you another. When they show their own products, it is clear why they do not do this in the first place.

And do not think that I am saying “buy our jackets” because it is not what we do. I have been a member here for a while and have never taken advantage of this site for monetary gain or advertising. You all know the reputable players - and if you are happy we are happy - with whoever you decide to purchase from. If you choose us, we are honored and will do everything we can to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Like Apollo said, we have had some major problems with our last order. I will be the first to admit it. We started a thread that offered many updates during this time so people can follow along and see the status of their jackets. Most of them have their jackets now and seem pleased with them. The rest will arrive within a week or so.

To be clear about the problems we had as well as how we conduct our business, customers ordered specific jackets. I had 12 of them manufactured 3 times before I was happy with the quality. It took longer than it should have and I ate the cost - meaning that I lost money on every single jacket. A lot of it. In addition, I gave each customer who was patient with us a little bit of a bonus to show our appreciation, because money is not our primary concern. Getting the most accurate jackets possible to our customers at a reasonable price means more. We value our reputation and I have put my money where my mouth is many times.

Again, I apologize that this was brought here, but I wanted to take a moment to "clear our name" so to speak. If a customer has any problems with our jackets, all they have to do is contact me like Apollo said, and we will make things right.

Jaxonrodd, I hope that this is the attention you were hoping for and the outcome is what you deserve.

I edited this post on April 13, 2012 6:14am so when Jaxonrodd1980 deletes his words in the initial post, they will still be visible here.

Last edited:
Now THATS Customer service!

Rick is a stand up Guy and the customer service at filmjackets.com is second to none.

Attaboy Rick!! :thumbsup

It's very rare that I take these threads seriously when they're posted on the same day the member joined. :rolleyes

On the bright side it made me check out filmjackets.com! :lol

Join up Bro it's a first class operation!

Good to see some good coming out of this thread!

It's very rare that I take these threads seriously when they're posted on the same day the member joined. :rolleyes

On the bright side it made me check out filmjackets.com! :lol

Well I just got a Bruno half-belt from them and it is one of the finest leather jackets I've ever owned.
And that is coming from an owner of a Vanson/Logan's closet X-1 and a Gibson and Barnes expedition...

Wow...

Big fail there jaxon...

Do your research before you try to discredit such a good guy and company.

You just GAVE them business!

Dumbarse.

FAIL.

Hey Apollo, are you smelling those socks again? Like that other jacket thread? Kinda musky, but def. in the sweat sox family.

It kills me people coming to the RPF and not realizing what a close knit community this is.

what a jack ass

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back