FIFTH ELEMENT ZORG BUST 1:1

Looks awesome. Why did you sculpt in the plastic head piece? Wouldn't it be better to just add a vacuformed piece after it has been painted?

Originally posted by Chewie15@Apr 8 2006, 04:26 PM
Awesome....

H
[snapback]1222477[/snapback]​

thanks howard, that means alot coming from the "master"

Originally posted by clutch@Apr 8 2006, 04:26 PM
Looks awesome.  Why did you sculpt in the plastic head piece?  Wouldn't it be better to just add a vacuformed piece after it has been painted?
[snapback]1222478[/snapback]​

i dont have a vacformer.
plus i went through hell with the vac formmed necks on my 2-1b heads "see my avatar",

i had thought about leaving it off but i "have a plan" for painting it :)

z

thanks for the kind words guys :love

i dont really know where to start with the painting, the only human heads i've painted are as big as my thumb

trail and error i suppose :unsure

z

Cool Zorg, Zorg, uhh...I mean Chris. :p I just finished watch Fifth Element on cable tonight. That's your first human? The likeness is dead on.

Bill

Looks really good Chris. Like the way you've adapted the lifecasting and enhanced the detailing etc. Can you give a blow by blow account of how you made it... I have a Tom Cruse lifecast that I was considering for use in some miniature form but you never know a full sized head might be on the cards sometime.

Cyb.

PS... Any chance of seeing all your creations on display together? (i.e. a prop room) Bet its an awesome site.

Terrific sculpt. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I can hardly wait to see the painted version. Will you do a bit of fabric costume around the collar, too? There have been a few finished busts recently with that touch, and I've been very impressed with the effect.

Originally posted by temponaut@Apr 9 2006, 01:13 PM
Terrific sculpt.    :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

I can hardly wait to see the painted version.  Will you do a bit of fabric costume around the collar, too?  There have been a few finished busts recently with that touch, and I've been very impressed with the effect.
[snapback]1222959[/snapback]​

if i could find a similar fabric i would love to give it a try, i had concidered sculpting the collar on but there were too many negative points going that route.

i dont even know what kind of fabric that is? anyone know?

z

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back