Fifth Element gun

b26354

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's taken me over 2 years on and off but:

dsc_1695.jpg

A few final assembly issues to figure out and some paint touch-ups required - but close enough to done for some show-off pics. Pretty much everything but the vector CP1 parts were manually machined - The front fin, side discs and the wierd shaped side details (above the grip and over the trigger) had some CNC help.

progress pics here... progress pics

And, before anyone asks, I have no plans to offer this as a kit.

Special thanks to Munson, whose undying, obsessive, devotion to "The Fifth Element" provided some inspiration to (finally) get this replica finished :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Mxlplx @ Jun 15 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]1261990[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(b26354 @ Jun 15 2006, 04:44 AM) [snapback]1261970[/snapback]
[/b]

:cry
[/b][/quote]

I have to Second this- :cry

Fantastic gun. :D :thumbsup

James

Damn.

Truly an amazing piece of work, and a testament to YOUR dedication to the piece, the film, and the hobby. How you manage to produce a piece of such high quality with a schedule as busy as yours is beyond comprehension. Great work man. Amazing stuff.

Munson is jealous as all heck.

<div class='quotetop'>(aniskywalker @ Jun 15 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]1262004[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Mxlplx @ Jun 15 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]1261990[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(b26354 @ Jun 15 2006, 04:44 AM) [snapback]1261970[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

James
[/b][/quote]
Thirded. :cry

P.S. Totally awesome piece. Supergreen.

Super Green.

Ok well if you're not offering it as a kit ( :( ) can you at least tell me where you got the front LED and its holder? I'm finishing one up but I don't have the front LED.....

Wow. That's just an amazing piece of work. The joy of your life and the envy of others no doubt LOL. I was so inspired I went out and purchased the DVD...

Thanks for sharing mate:)

Regards
TAZ

<div class='quotetop'>(Nexus6 @ Jun 15 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]1262031[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(aniskywalker @ Jun 15 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]1262004[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Mxlplx @ Jun 15 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]1261990[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

James
[/b][/quote]
Thirded. :cry

P.S. Totally awesome piece. Supergreen.
[/b][/quote]
Fourthed, :cry is that even a word?

What a prop, well done.

front LED is one of these which probably doesn't help anyone outside Australia or New Zealand.

led bezel

I also tried 3 differrent suppliers for the 8mm 7 segment LED's trying to find some the right size and width for the side display.

And Munson, I'm more jealous of your screen used key :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back