Fifth Element gun

[Edited quote - RPF Staff]

Uh, isnt' that considered hijacking, and usually frowned upon?? Too bad to, as this thread is CERTAINLY worth celebrating the completion of a really beautiful and VERY accurate piece.

The acrylic stand is also very nice. Love the way it takes advantage of the shape of the gun. Too frickin' cool.

I think my only comments so far is that you're missing the acrylic rod, and the LED housing could be a tad more accurate. At least, from the pictures you've shown, it looks like it could be a tad more accurate.

Please take that commentary with a grain of salt, as you KNOW how detailed/nuts I am about this piece. I'm still impressed as all hell that you got it finished. It's amazing.

Right now, as in today, the best kit available is from judgedredd. it's sculpted on top of what might be the vektor airsoft, but I think he was hoping to accurize it. I've had the kit in my hands, and it's quite nice. The other kit that is making the rounds is the Dean Dymerski piece. For what it is, it's amazing. It was sculpted using one tiny reference picture, and it turned out great. it is fairly inaccurate in a number of ways, but its a BEAUTIFUL sculpt. Dean is the man.

Castings of the real gun are starting to hit the market. if you look around enough, you will find them. I'm guessing that more than one person will be bringing a kit to market within the next six months. Will it be as beautiful as the one seen in this thread? Dunno. That baby is a labor of love, and a lot of attention and well, love went into it. Could that same attention be translated into a well priced kit? Maybe.

Bummer is, most people on the RPF love the idea of a beautiful kit, but to produce something as stellar as what you see above, you're looking at serious cash. If the maker offered up that replica for 2k, I'd probably buy it, just because know what went into it. Would you pay half as much for a kit??

That is an amazing piece.... I have to say this is one of the most beautiful pieces I have seen in months. The craftsmanship really is top notch and you can tell that a lot of work was put into this. Well done, I wish I had an ounce of your talent.

Thanks for posting the progress shots as well, that was great to see this all come together like that.

I cant tell you how much I like this gun. Great job...

Just a little note, with all due respect, I resent the hijack of this thread to plug the sale of another project. This thread is about showing off the creation of ones specific work for members to appreciate it. And I quite appreciate this piece.

-Bryan

Bryan, I think the double hijacking negates the single one, so it's ok :p

Doesn't change the fact that it's an AMAZING piece. WOOHOO. Put me down for three.

oh wait. nevermind.

Fantastic work -- surprised I missed this thread as long as I have. This is one o my top five Holy Grails.

Matt, you remember -- I got the Dymerski kit (mentioned my thoughts on it and I think we "agreed to disagree" or something like that :p ), then I came close to getting a Judge Dredd kit, but that did not work out, so now am "still in the market".

Was this a complete scratch-build off a Vektor or Vektor airsoft, or how was this realized...?

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jun 24 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]1267134[/snapback]</div>
Matt, you remember -- I got the Dymerski kit (mentioned my thoughts on it and I think we "agreed to disagree" or something like that :p ), then I came close to getting a Judge Dredd kit, but that did not work out, so now am "still in the market".

[/b]

Well then, it sure is a good thing that rich posted to this thread THREE TIMES about his offering. otherwise, I'm sure you would be completely unaware that he was making one. After all, NOBODY reads threads in the junkyard, right??

Jon: superb job on a very elusive weapon.

I recall seeing in-progress photos 2 years ago;
know it was a labour of love.

Just hope that Matt doesn't hop on a plane to swipe it :)

<div class='quotetop'>(mgoob @ Jun 25 2006, 04:15 AM) [snapback]1267370[/snapback]</div>
Just hope that Matt doesn't hop on a plane to swipe it :)
[/b]

Already in the works Mike. :)

Rich, I love ya babe, but...

your_post_sucks.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ Jun 24 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1267408[/snapback]</div>
Thank god they are not fans.

Rich
[/b]

DAMN IT GUYS. thats why i love you both. :cry :cry :cry

youre so diplomatic. :p

oh and it is a fine looking piece. :thumbsup

john :cool

Hey guys... Let's keep this thread about the awesome piece that's on display. It's absolutely beautiful.. :love

Rich, I've removed a couple of advertising posts from this thread that really belong in the JY. Matt, I edited a quote out of one of your posts as well.

<div class='quotetop'>(b26354 @ Jun 17 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]1263071[/snapback]</div>
Made an acrylic stand and took some better pics

dsc_1713.jpg

[/b]

Skatchamagowzer. :eek
Sweet and meaty. A fine job you have done. So much so that my teeth are beginning to hurt.

Richard, you are vile and evil and deserve to have the Spanish inquisition force you to sit in the comfy chair while being jabbed with soft cushions. :angry You stand chastised.

Yes I am such a bad boy, just trying to make a living...

And fill needs.

After all this is my sole income, not as much hobby as for many.

I think your chastisement is too mild for some.

Used to OK in this kind of thread to say something...Noone was selling any thing.

Oh well sorry.

Rich

With all due respect...

StopPosting.jpg

Didn't you read what the mods just wrote?

I'll try to get it back on topic, as there's still a few questions I have.

So, for example, is the handle a real vektor, a casting of one, or the airsoft? i noticed in one of the progress photos that you had one of the airsoft/springy guns. Was that used in the construction of this one at all??

I will if you will.

And yes it is a great job...a great model.

Rich

PS IS not talking about the judgedredd and Dymerski kit a form of plugging and thus hyjacking????

Pot calling kettle black??

OR is only OK if a third party does it FOR you??

Is there a PC Policeman here??

Beautiful work Jon, always one of my favorites.

Guys, enough already, take it to PM please.

Arthur

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back