Done / Completed Fiberglass OT Rebel X-wing Pilot Helmet Kit

Walter

Master Member
With the successful rollout of our first run, I have received a lot of inquiries about another run, so we are starting an interest list for a smaller run. We need at least five people to sign up. If at least 5 people sign up, we will collect payment on September 1st and be able to deliver the helmets within two weeks of payment.

Rogue One inspired us to take another look at the Xwing helmet; we wanted the appearance of the helmet that looks like the OT or RO, but we wanted something significantly more sturdy and something that we could replicate a couple of times over easily. You can follow our project and my pontification in this thread.

Each helmet is hand laid fiberglass, laid by professional fiberglass business that does high end fiberglass fabrication. The helmet is sturdy but light, it is crazy, so no need to worry about added weight if you cosplay.

Some people asked about fit, so I had a model friend try it on for size in between sets. My padding has not come in yet, so we used a flannel shirt for this demonstration.

Jazzi Test Fit.jpg

The lens will be shipped clear, we tried dyeing the lenses and a few other techniques, but Krylon makes an incredible product that you spray the back of the lens, it may not look so great right off the bat, but as it dries, it evens out and creates the perfect tint for the lens. Check it out, it is a really great product.

We will be including a chin cup, fabric for the chin strap, a resin cast cap to finish off the mohawk, a mic tip and metal wire to complete the microphone and edging for the helmet.

Xwing helmet kit-1.jpgXwing helmet kit-2.jpgXwing helmet kit-3.jpgXwing helmet kit-4.jpg

The cost: $250 shipped in the US. For foreign orders we will invoice you for the shipping difference when your order is ready to be sent out.

1st run: 15 spots, we will consider another run if there is enough interest. The best part... for the first 10, we have helmets ready to ship. If you are the back 5, we will be able to ship in two weeks.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The rest of the deal: Once I have confirmed your interest I will send out a link to a form via messenger, it will need to be completed and there will be a link to PayPal. Payment will need to be received 48 hours once the form has been sent out.

Message me with questions.

Ltd. Run

1. Fuscia Leader 6 - Off board - Paid - Shipped
2. HB1098S - Paid - Shipped
3. xbadcardx - Paid - Shipped
4. Wingspan (RL) - Paid - Shipped
5. Psab Keel (RL) - Paid - Shipped
6. wtyler3 (RL) - Paid - Shipped
7. Kevin (FB) - Paid - Shipped
8. E1 - Off board - Paid - Shipped
9. Somerset - Paid- Shipping hold by request of member
10. melbox62 - Off board - Paid - Shipped
11. Troy3053 - Paid - Shipped

Interest List

1. E2 - Off board - Paid - Shipped
2. Version1138 - Paid - Shipped
3. Version1138 - Paid - Shipped
4. CLOSED
5. CLOSED

Any remaining kits that we have will be sold via Etsy and do not include shipping costs: https://www.etsy.com/listing/547410677/fiberglass-x-wing-helmet?ref=SellerDashboard

SaveSave

FullSizeRender.jpg

Jazzi Test Fit.jpg

Xwing helmet kit-1.jpg

Xwing helmet kit-2.jpg

Xwing helmet kit-3.jpg

Xwing helmet kit-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Fiberglass OT/RO Rebel Xwing Pilot Helmet Kit

Wish I could jump on this but a broke college students got obligations;) good luck Bryan and Gregg!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

A couple of people reached out to me on here and RL about fit, in between looks I asked my model friend (and super geek) Jazzi if she would do a test fit. I have not ordered padding yet, so we took a flannel shirt and used it for this demonstration.

Jazzi Test Fit.jpg

The first transport is away! Everyone should have received tracking from me last night.

Another transport is going out early. We will be sending out some kits tomorrow.

Got mine this week too, it is sweet. The fiberglass is nice and solid.

Thank you both for the feedback! I am glad you like your kits!

Because a few people have reached out to me, I am starting up an interest list. If we have at least 5 people sign up, we can do the run.

Post or message me if you want to get added to the list.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back