Fettster: Chris Evans (TFA) Bust - Finished 3-7-2012

CaptainSuperman

Sr Member
Hello,

Some of you may have seen my "1:1 TFA Captain America Display" thread in the "Replica Costume" portion of the RPF. In that thread I mentioned that Fettster was going to start work on a Chris Evan's bust made to fit my TFA Cap Helmet.

He sent me his first progress pics this week and said it was ok that I post them up on here.

photo.png

photo1.png

Last edited:
Re: Fettster: Chris Evans Bust (Captain America)

great start . he's got all the forms in their and it's easy to see him already
gonna be nice to see this finished with the helmet on

are you having the finish in silicone or resin

after seeing his trans resin paint job on the 2 face I'me sure your gonna be more than happy with the finish , it was just as convincing as silicone ;)

I agree this is looking awesome already, Rich is extremely talented he will make this look perfect. And the trans resin IMO looks better than the silicone, looks almost like a wax sculpt. :thumbsup

Here are some updated pics.

captainamerica2.jpg

captainamerica.jpg

captainamerica3.jpg

Here is one with some photoshopped hair, so you can see how accurate it really is.

captainamericawithphotoshopedbrowsandhair.jpg

Re: Fettster: Chris Evans (TFA) Bust - NEW PICS 1-27-2012

Crazy good skills there, Fettster!

CS: your Captain America display will be like no other!

i have just wrapped up and sealed the sculpt so here are some finished pics

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

Very nicely done Rich, I think you did an awesome job on a hard profile to capture IMO. (y)cool:cool

Wasn't sure I was seeing him at first but I can surely see the likeness now. :thumbsup

Wasn't sure I was seeing him at first but I can surely see the likeness now. :thumbsup

Cheers guys.

Kev, I know what you mean, I knew he was in there but it was hidden by something. Turns out the head needed a little more height, the lip form needed tightening and the flesh around the eyes softened.

It didn't help that I set the eyes in the clay cross-eyed so that was throwing it off.:facepalm I think that when it's cast, painted with brows and has some eyes installed, it will really shine through

Thats definitely a strong likeness. When I read what you said about the eyes and looked back at the photos it just popped out of the screen. Once the eyes are set right in the final piece I think this is going to look fantastic! Love the work around the mouth, looks like it could open at any moment :thumbsup

Always a big fan of Fettster's work and this is another one he knocked out of the park. Congrats and I look forward to seeing the completed display.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back