FemShep N7 Armor, Valkyrie Rifle, + Omniblade (Mass Effect 3)

Dammit, no. My friends are going but they had no room for me. To complicate things I have still not received my first paycheck. AWA and NYCC are officially off the table for 2013.

Nothing like being nearly complete with a year+ long costume and missing ALL the relatively local opportunities to wear it in public for probably another 12 months. I really had fun at AWA last year too even though I stayed for just a few hours. That weekend is going to be a sore spot for me when it arrives.

Dude... :(

I am a super sad panda for you right now. Here's to hoping things get better. And paychecks start flowing.

Dammit, no. My friends are going but they had no room for me. To complicate things I have still not received my first paycheck. AWA and NYCC are officially off the table for 2013.

Nothing like being nearly complete with a year+ long costume and missing ALL the relatively local opportunities to wear it in public for probably another 12 months. I really had fun at AWA last year too even though I stayed for just a few hours. That weekend is going to be a sore spot for me when it arrives.

If I had secured a place yet, I'd say you could crash on my couch. I'm currently in the process of moving to Atlanta. And I will be at AWA at least on Saturday for the costume contest.

If I had secured a place yet, I'd say you could crash on my couch. I'm currently in the process of moving to Atlanta. And I will be at AWA at least on Saturday for the costume contest.

There may have to be a party JUST for me in Atlanta is all I'm saying.

My suit is mostly done except for electronics. I have zero spare hours or roommates to photograph me in it, so, long ass delay seeing the final product.

But maybe I can make my Halloween deadline, a year late! LOLOL so lame.

Outstanding. This is the kind of detail I want to achieve SOMEday.

I'm totally envious of your workspace. I swear I need to move to a new place just to secure a larger workshop!

Respect.

I've been watching this thread for the better part of a year now, and it keeps getting better.

If you plan on making a helmet, you can always go the pepakura route for rotocasting, then stick in a motorcycle visor.
Or just bribe a friend with a 3D printer and skip all the fiberglass work ;)

I have never seen PlastiDip before in stores around me, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough - I need to try it out.

I really wanted to get at least a base started for my helmet this weekend. I'm doing a modified version of the N7 breather. It will have a clear visor going all the way down to the chin bar, and maybe a mounting option for the original plates that cover the face on this helmet.

I get Plasti-Dip at Home Depot. It's usually with the rest of the spray paint. They usually only have black and white, but occasionally you can find the yellow, red, and grey colors.

I've also seen it at Wal-Mart and Ace Hardware.

I get Plasti-Dip at Home Depot. It's usually with the rest of the spray paint. They usually only have black and white, but occasionally you can find the yellow, red, and grey colors.

I've also seen it at Wal-Mart and Ace Hardware.

I usually get mine at Home Despot as well, but I order online as they have more variety available. They also have the non-spray version which you can "dip" parts into or brush on.

Hi, I'm a cosplayer - I have enough stress in my life during the workday, so I enjoy putting sharp plastic and electrical tape on my head for a laid-back evening. Sometimes if I am lucky it gets stuck in my hair and rips it out.

Giving my helmet the f-you wave seconds before it crashed onto the floor.:thumbsup

Your post made me laugh this morning. I always look forward to your updates and I hope your helmet didn't suffer any damage when it fell off.

:lol So how bad was the hair loss, was it enough to be Lt Ilia this Halloween?

You get the award for the best single photo post award. :cheers

10235860946_74dea22e7c.jpg

Got some omniblade parts back from laser cutting, but somehow these were a little off. My arm is pretty small, and this scale almost works with my bare, un-armored limb, but it needs to be wider and longer to look right with my armor on. Now I'm wondering what I should do with these really beautiful tiny omniblades (enough pieces were cut for a duplicate). Charity?

10235852976_8627aa86d2.jpg

Don't even get me started on this chamber pot.

10235942853_20a5f1c3d0.jpg

Aaaand resin did not cure properly here. Some parts of it are lifting off easily as cheese, while other parts are more like trying to carve a slightly sticky, brittle Jolly Rancher.

FYI peeps, you can get plasti-Dip on Ebay in a plethora of colors.....and generally cheaper than Home Depot. I got the perfect blue for the fingertips on my Apollo NASA suit on Ebay.

Old batch of resin? Improper mixing of hardener?

When your workshop looks like a bomb went off..........you are doing it right. (Joke, your build is beautiful.)..........but your workshop is way too clean hahah.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back