Female Predator Bio/Suit

SkyBlazeHunter

Over the many months i have been working on my very own bio. Because im a girl and need a girl sized bio lol!!!
First off i would like to give a huge THANKYOU to AntCarb. I bought a beautiful female pred suit from him and have yet to model it. The only good thing about waiting is since then ive lost almost 30 lbs, so i will look much better when wearing it. (i will model it when my mask is complete)

Anyways i have the COOLEST sculpture teacher at my college, he let me work on a predator mask, and a prawn arm from district 9. Anywhoo here is some WIP pictures of my girl sized bio.

Here is my beginning sculpt, i did some measurements of my own head and compared them to a manikin and started my sculpt with oil based clay.

Photo0245_001.jpg

After many weeks of work (since im slow) i produced this.
Photo0052.jpg

Photo0053.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Next step was makeing a mold, i made 2 molds, a laytex mold and a smooth cast mold.
The pink is the smooth cast mold.

Photo0296.jpg

I cast the mask with a 2 part plastic. Its super light weight and not TOO hard to sand.
After sanding and drilling this mask i came up with this.

Photo0307.jpg

Photo0310.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

I wanted to do a bronze/gold paint job, so this is what i eventually came up with.

Photo0316.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

So this is as far as ive gotten, my boyfriend made some leds for me ill attach when i get a proper 9 volt, and proper isolation lol!
Also im going to attach some cool real claws and feathers and such, this is MY mask after all!
I will keep everyone updated when i have more to update. ^.^

Ill try and get better pics :)

3/15/11

I made some cool feather and bead decorations for my mask, ive also added led's.
Heres some photos!
IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

Next i have to add stuff to cover the eyes and straps to hold it on my head. I may do a bit of shadowing and last minute tiny paint details as well.
Ill update with more pics when i do.

~~~~~~
4/6/11
Heres part of the suit i bought, i am working on a cool spear too but im not done adding skulls and death to it.
I added a mink skull and afew small things to this. Just thought i would add pics.
IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

long time no see stranger. i like the bio it's unique while still retaining classic features. man it's tiny though.

and you have one of antcarbs suits, you def need to suit up and take some pics. at least show off the paint on some of the pieces.

strong work on the molding.

long time no see stranger. i like the bio it's unique while still retaining classic features. man it's tiny though.

and you have one of antcarbs suits, you def need to suit up and take some pics. at least show off the paint on some of the pieces.

strong work on the molding.

Thankyou very much! Thats actually exactly what i was going for, a classic bio with afew unique features. :) LOL! Yes it is tiny, but it is suppost to fit a girls face. I think it will work great with my design.
I will for sure suit up soon and get some good pics!

And thankyou very much, this was the first time for me and my teacher to attempt something like this so im really glad all the hard work worked out in the end.
:unsure: Thankyou very much!!!!

thats a nice looking Bio!
the cheek line on it looks awesome, kinda like a skull or something!
either way great job on the sculpt and casting of it! ;)

That is looking freaking awesome!!! That bio does have that type of female shape, nice work. It has that native look that i love, great detail on the chest piece as well, I want to see more!!!

Great lookin' bio! Might wanna add some kind of black mesh for te eyes though. Used some piece of black cloth from a bought master chief costume, and it works great! Otherwise, totally stunning! You also taught me a new idea for a mold. Last question though. For the smooth cast mold, I noticed that you jst lobbed it on there. Did you trim the mold to make it look not as gooey lookin'?

Thanks,
Wolf177

Great lookin' bio! Might wanna add some kind of black mesh for te eyes though. Used some piece of black cloth from a bought master chief costume, and it works great! Otherwise, totally stunning! You also taught me a new idea for a mold. Last question though. For the smooth cast mold, I noticed that you jst lobbed it on there. Did you trim the mold to make it look not as gooey lookin'?

Thanks,
Wolf177

Thanks so much!
The black mesh has been put on, along with strech bands to hold it to my face. I want to complete some more things before i post more pics though. :)
Honestly we did the smooth cast mold wrong. Me and my teacher forgot to put the thickener into the mixture. So sadly i had to babysit the thing for about 2 hours just lobbing it all on.
The right way to do it is much thicker and cleaner. My way worked, but it was alot more involved and messy. So if you do it, make sure you use the thickener, it will save you a headache :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back