Feet Lifts: A Low Budget Solution

Kithunter

hey all

i just completed some new lifts for my costume figured i'd share how i did it.

it's pretty straight forward and low budget,

items required

(1)hot glue gun with about 10 glue sticks
(1)pair of cutters or exacto blade
(1) lightweight foam padding for home gym or garage (pick up at wall mart or target for about 10 bucks)

IMG_0567.jpg

step1:

measure shoe or foot for template and cut out on paper or trace

IMG_0568.jpg

step 2:

cut out shape a few times depending on the amount of thickness you want to add to height

IMG_0569.jpg

for me i wanted to add 5 inches to my height

step 3:

glue cut outs stacked on top of each other

IMG_0609.jpg

step 4 now your ready to glue pads to bottom of shoe or sandal

IMG_0610.jpg

Step 5:
Glue to bottom of boot or sandal
IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

The final result
keep in mind my weight will knock me down about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.
IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

total cost about 15 bucks in materials
total production time about 2 hours.....

hope this helps

awesome , i need few inches since im so round at least a few inches taller will be better for the way i look in a suit.. thanks Andrew for the info!!

You mentioned this in chat the other night and it just now occurred to me a hint I shot past Gene a while back (Though it may be too late in the year, now). Sometimes you can find flip flops at $1 stores, so you'd already have pre-cut soles and all you would have to do is cut off the thongs. Max Tall Inserts also appear to be a promising add-on to your design.

Regardless, yours turned out great, Andrew!

One thing not to forget is balance, once your done.. test them out. You don't want to go out suited up not being able to strike your poses. balanced and comfortable is key.

One more thought,
Since the mats come in 2'x2 squares and there is 4 mats in a set, you can try it a few times and create a library of sorts of heights for you to select from. A parade/walking set ...a con set, you get the idea.

I have done this before and it does work for about 2 hours, then the glue begins separating between layers and BAM! You are walking around lop-sided all night! If you are not using the shoes/boots for anything else, use a drill with a screw attachment and drill some screws and the pads together from the INSIDE/ OUT for an additional connection. Be sure your screws are not longer than the thickness of the shoe sole and pads. I even reinforce it again with a little Gorilla tape. You will be glad you did!

that may be true ...but i look damn good

seriously, i did a "test" run the other night and i'm at 6'7"....i'm pretty happy with the results...plus your a big dodo head anyway

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back