Farscape Props

Glad to see this thread still has some life in it. Look for an update from me in the near future of the perfume bottle variety. :love

Thanks guys. I'm not planning on putting a sling on the PR. I like it as-is. Especially as they used this exact model in Peacekeeper Wars :)

PDVD_021.jpg

Original, Master, Finished Cast:
IMG_2037.jpg

I figured why make one when I can make two:
IMG_2038.jpg

:D

That paint job is great. How did you get that finish on the gray parts? And when/if you offer these for sale, will there be a "finished" option? (I don't often spring for finished but I just might on this one, after seeing the great work you do.)

That paint job is great. How did you get that finish on the gray parts?

Thanks, it's a Rustoleum hammered spray with a black ink wash.

I'm planning on tossing casts up in the junkyard eventually but I don't have the time at the moment, I'll post up here when I do. I wasn't planning on selling finished versions but we can talk. :thumbsup

got my John Crichton costume sorted:

JCclear5a-Copy.jpg

and here's my Creation Ent Pulse Rifle that I got from matt Munson:

20120204_132601.jpg

You finally got your rifle Nobby?
why didn't anyone tell me. :)

I'm happy for you man, and that is one hell of a John Crichton costume, I still really want my own, and so does my old man. :lol

Are you guys scratch building the pistols or getting kits?

There were some folks that used to scratch build them years, ago, but for the better part of a decade there have been some really nice kits out there. (and some bad ones.) When you can get a wilco for less then $20. or one (said to be) cast off an original for less then $100. (it may have gone up, I haven't looked in a wile) it's not really worth the trouble of building your own.

I have lots of experience, and knowledge, but very little skill, and I have managed to hollow out and drill out the barrel on 3 Wilcos, so that they can take lights, and sounds, and have a working slide switch on the left side. (that's with an LED in the barrel, the scope, and 4 in the back. :)) I think I paid like $18. plus shipping for them a few years ago.

retributionzero, resin is soft enough, you may not have to use a dremel to fix yoru lines. I mean, almost every one here will tell you to use a dremel, and I do for a lot of stuff, but something like that I personally wouldn't. I would get an exacto knife, or pick up on of those cheep would carving sets, with basically a heavier version of an exacto knife. Use a sturdy piece of metal, with a straight edge, and run the knife along that, until, I got the depth, and width I wanted.

I have learned over the years that very, best part about resin kits, is that there is no mistake you can't fix, and if you mess up, it's no trouble at all, you just take a little bondo, mix it with a little of it's cream hardener, will in the mistake, no mater how big it is, and by the next day, it's ready to be sanded smooth, and your all set to give it another try. And you can do that as many times as you need. (and trust me there are times I have had to do it over again, many, many times, until I was happy with a kit) Oh, and the bondo will say it's ready to be worked with in a half an hour, and it may be, but if you want to really have something strong to work with, and sand, I would wait a day or so, depending on how large a space your filling with it. I get the big cans when they go on sale at the store, for like $16. and they go a long way. (The last can I bout, I not only have filled spots on tons of projects, I even had enough to cast some parts for some of my own home made projects. :) )

Last edited:
got my John Crichton costume sorted:

JCclear5a-Copy.jpg

and here's my Creation Ent Pulse Rifle that I got from matt Munson:

20120204_132601.jpg

What holster did you end up going with? I still have not found one I'm happy with. Or well, any, other then the thin leather over fraft foam one, that keeps getting posted on ebay.

There were some folks that used to scratch build them years, ago, but for the better part of a decade there have been some really nice kits out there. (and some bad ones.) When you can get a wilco for less then $20. or one (said to be) cast off an original for less then $100. (it may have gone up, I haven't looked in a wile) it's not really worth the trouble of building your own.

I have lots of experience, and knowledge, but very little skill, and I have managed to hollow out and drill out the barrel on 3 Wilcos, so that they can take lights, and sounds, and have a working slide switch on the left side. (that's with an LED in the barrel, the scope, and 4 in the back. :)) I think I paid like $18. plus shipping for them a few years ago.

resin is soft enough, you may not have to use a dremel to fix yoru lines. I mean, almost every one here will tell you to use a dremel, and I do for a lot of stuff, but something like that I personally wouldn't. I would get an exacto knife, or pick up on of those cheep would carving sets, with basically a heavier version of an exacto knife. Use a sturdy piece of metal, with a straight edge, and run the knife along that, until, I got the depth, and width I wanted.

I have learned over the years that very, best part about resin kits, is that there is no mistake you can't fix, and if you mess up, it's no trouble at all, you just take a little bondo, mix it with a little of it's cream hardener, will in the mistake, no mater how big it is, and by the next day, it's ready to be sanded smooth, and your all set to give it another try. And you can do that as many times as you need. (and trust me there are times I have had to do it over again, many, many times, until I was happy with a kit) Oh, and the bondo will say it's ready to be worked with in a half an hour, and it may be, but if you want to really have something strong to work with, and sand, I would wait a day or so, depending on how large a space your filling with it. I get the big cans when they go on sale at the store, for like $16. and they go a long way. (The last can I bout, I not only have filled spots on tons of projects, I even had enough to cast some parts for some of my own home made projects. :) )

interesting. I may just try this and see what i can make on my own from scratch. Practice makes perfect they say ;)

What holster did you end up going with? I still have not found one I'm happy with. Or well, any, other then the thin leather over fraft foam one, that keeps getting posted on ebay.

I found one on the 'bay that came up out of the blue.
pretty happy with it

Jackdoud, where did you get that DRD? How accurate is it?

Picked it up from a member here in 2009. It's the Goldenarmor recast of the old MIM kit. It's almost completely inaccurate in shape, size and details but it's also the only option available. :rolleyes I'm torn with how much work I want to put into it, might do an 1812 and have the paint cover up the inaccuracies.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back