Farscape Props

It's a rapid prototyping company. I've seen it used alot to make Starship gaming miniatures.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

9211401.jpeg

So I FINALLY scored some Donna Karen bottles on ebay that weren't insanely expensive:

IMG_0501.jpg

The one on the left is a DK "Unleaded" 1.7ozl bottle. The 3.4oz is supposed to be the accurate one but the seller didn't know the size so I took a chance. The one on the right is more interesting. It's a DK "Fuel" bottle and I think it's what was actually used instead of the "Unleaded". Both fragrances are the only ones to use this shape of bottle and Fuel came out first. The Unleaded seems more rounded off with less care taken in the production. Plus the Fuel bottle is already the right colors:

PDVD_021.jpg

I'll probably wind up tossing the Unleaded back up on evilbay as it's still half full and I can probably make back most of what they cost me together. The Fuel bottle will probably be taking a silicone bath some time in the near future, I'll post up if/when they're available. :cool:thumbsup

That is very cool. Thank you for saring your findings. :) Now I got to find me a Fuel bottle. (and will probably want a few castings, to depending on price. ;) ) It was a bit of a pain to paint the really cheep resin one I got off of evilbay a couple years ago, so it is very exciting that the "fuel" bottles are already the right colors. :)

It was a bit of a pain to paint the really cheep resin one I got off of evilbay a couple years ago, so it is very exciting that the "fuel" bottles are already the right colors. :)

I wouldn't really use the stock Fuel bottle as a finished prop. For one you need to texture the grey areas and smooth over the spray nozzle section. I'm thinking I'll make one "stock" cast of it, modify that and then do a run. Straight pours are easy but I want to do at least one with an LED and magnet in it. Not sure if I'd slush cast it or what.

slush cast could work. If you do, do a mold, and cast of the bottle before you mod it. then wall you do the mods to that costing, it would be easy to grind out a section of the insides for electronics (I would probably either do it at the flat end were the LED goes, or on one of the flat parts of the side, where the magnet goes, or both) and then cast it with that whole(s) in it. Then I would just either make covers for the hole(s) out of sheet styrene, either for each copy, or once, and cast them for multiples. It would be more work then a slush cast, but it could be sturdier, and it could make it easier to change the batters.

That is probably how I would do it, but then everyone says I do everything the hard way. :lol

The way Jason suggests is pretty much how I did mine, back in the day :)

Worked out pretty well, and a nice solid prop.

slush cast could work. If you do, do a mold, and cast of the bottle before you mod it. then wall you do the mods to that costing, it would be easy to grind out a section of the insides for electronics (I would probably either do it at the flat end were the LED goes, or on one of the flat parts of the side, where the magnet goes, or both) and then cast it with that whole(s) in it. Then I would just either make covers for the hole(s) out of sheet styrene, either for each copy, or once, and cast them for multiples. It would be more work then a slush cast, but it could be sturdier, and it could make it easier to change the batters.

That is probably how I would do it, but then everyone says I do everything the hard way. :lol

Nice to see someone scored one of these. Congratz Jack!

Man, "unleaded" vs "fuel"? Sometimes you gotta hate how the smallest of details can throw a project off.

Im just starting mine.
Looking for a nice PK Blaster and have a holster in mind as soon as I get the gun.
So Im interested in all.
lot of nice pics here, one day I hope to have a nice costume for events.
But currently collecting figures for my girl, who is addicted to the show. And models for myself.

I have one, but I've had it for close to 9 years now, and the place I got it from is out of business.

Actually, I have a nice collection of Farscape stuff. Pulse Pistol, Comms, Laser knife, Holster, Peacekeeper Ident chip necklace, a cheap replica of Dargo's knife, the correct diving knife with the plastic dyed black, And a beautiful leather Season 3-4 holster for that Pulse pistol.

Dying to get a Pulse Rifle though.

Both styles of holsters, a Pulse Rifle, and a qalta blade are all at the top of my list, though I wouldn't mined some more grenades, and other items. :)

I have had, and seen a lot of pulse pistol kit's. Some are way better then other, but if you just want a "static" one (that doesn't have any lights or anyting) I think the Wilco version is the best bang for the buck. Easy clean up, black reason so you don't have to worry about scratches, once it's painted. And it really isn't that hard to mod them out to take electronics. Though I don't know where you would get one these days, as he doesn't sell on ebay any more. and I hear he has kind of retired.

There are a few different' ones that still show up on ebay these days. I can tell you this they guy that posts pulse pistols, around the same time he post resin vid chips, and grenade kits (sorry can't think of his name) has really REALLY bad kits. I got one of his grenades, it took over a month to get to me, he did through in a vid chip, but it was very, very, warped, and full of bubbles. The grenade itself was full of huge wholes, and bubbles. I'm not talking about the usual little ones you usually see in cheep kits, I'm telling you this thing was more air then prop. The out side didn't look too awful out of the box, but as soon as it picked it up my thum went right through the side of it. I rebuilt that part with bondo, and then my figure went through another part. in the end I rebuilt so much of mine I might as well have sculpted it myself from scratch. Like I said, I can't think of the guys name, but I think he is based in the UK. So buyer be wear.

Any word yet on casts of the bottles? Just interested. :)

Ok, a quick update on these. I've got the bottle molded and cast and I'm working on modifying a pull to make a master for the grenade. Still have a bunch of puttying and sanding to do so I'm not sure when I'll get the final mold done but this is something I'm going to try and finally finish this year.

IMG_1763.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back