Farscape Props

wasnt Zahn's gun in Hidden Memory a supersoaker as well?

No, the bottle on top may have been a modified supersoaker bottle but the rest of the gun is a standard peacekeeper pulserifle.

PDVD_283.jpg

PDVD_284.jpg

Strangely that's the only time you ever see that gun. Once they move into season 2 most of the standard pattern rifles have the flashlight attachment.

Wonder why they bothere with the bottle on the Pulse Rifle? a Flame Thrower attachement?

I have a few propos myself, but need to take pics

I have a Pulse Pistol, a season 3/4 Holster (all leather with Nylon straping) A Laser knife, a PeaceKeeper Ident Chip, a Cmms I go somewhere (forget where) and a cheap boot knife version of D'Argo's knife. I'd love to get a few more, including a Standard Pulse Rifle, or the Pulse Rifle from PeaceKeeper Wars. Chiana's Pulse Pistol would be nice to have as well.

The only other items I can think of now that I'd look at getting are the Charid pulse weapons. The pistol and rifle

Just started watching farscape for the first time yesterday and I love it!

I have a Pulse Pistol on its way, does anybody know a source for a metal comm badge?

I know that the syringes in the show (used in a variety of episodes) was actually a micropippette recolored. I can't remember the brand, but I do know someone pointed that out.

Also, as I pointed out before in another post, the Peacekeeper video projector from "The Way We Weren't" in Season 2 was actually a Logitech Wingman Force.

Glad to hear we have another convert! there's not much out there in the way of badges, metal or not. I scratch built mine from brass, steel and leather with a jewelers saw: http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/jdoud/coms.html

Thanks for the link. I think I might take a crack at building this.

I can't believe I haven't watched this show before yesterday. The props/sets are so freaking cool and I'm only halfway through the 1st season!

I got a lead on the "Till The Blood Runs Clear" Dargo breathing mask from the UK< once i get it in hand well see how easily it can be modified. It was id'ed in the original farscape prop forum thread as a Uvex mask.

I found that ebay seller you minsioned for these, over at the Farscape forums. I think I might pick up one, next month.

Does anyone know what else is needed to convert the mask, into D'Argo's version? Do you think the lenses on the goggles are panted like John's from the same episode, or do you think the tented them? (maybe with some of that stuff you can tent your own car windows with.)

Oh, and Does anyone recall who it was that had the Pulse pistol kits, with the hollowed out compartment for electronics, for sale on ebay last year? I know there where some years ago for like $80. and I know there were some last year, finished for around $100. but I'm looking for the person that had the white resin kits, for around $35. or so. (I really wanted to get one, but I kept putting it off, and now I don't see them listed these days, so I thought if I know who sold them, I might be able to talk them into poring up another one. It would be a good time, since a lot of folks seem to be getting back into Farscape.)

Oh, and Does anyone recall who it was that had the Pulse pistol kits, with the hollowed out compartment for electronics, for sale on ebay last year? I know there where some years ago for like $80. and I know there were some last year, finished for around $100. but I'm looking for the person that had the white resin kits, for around $35. or so. (I really wanted to get one, but I kept putting it off, and now I don't see them listed these days, so I thought if I know who sold them, I might be able to talk them into poring up another one. It would be a good time, since a lot of folks seem to be getting back into Farscape.)

Guh I'm in the same boat, I kept putting it off due to $$ and now that I'm actually determined to get one, I can't find any! I'm determined to get my hands on one though.

(What 'scape forums are these? Last time I was on any scape forum it was farscapeworld and karlsweb which seemed to have died down significantly, so I'm outta the loop.)

Does anyone know what else is needed to convert the mask, into D'Argo's version? Do you think the lenses on the goggles are panted like John's from the same episode, or do you think the tented them? (maybe with some of that stuff you can tent your own car windows with.)

They're pretty simple, I think it's just the tinted lens and whatever those ridged peices are. Everything else is part of the mask already.

uvex9301317.jpg

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

For anyone that wants the info:
"Uvex Ultra-Vision Goggle 9301-625 - £5.60
Uvex UltraShield 9301-317 - £4.00
Uvex face protection for ultra-vision 9301 clear accessory face shield suitable for all 9301 goggles except 9301 095 and 9301 906 protecting against coarse dirt particles. It can be easily assembled to and disassembled from the goggle body. The lightweight accessory provides additional, foam padded ventilation. The face protection is not a breathing filter. The goggle is not included, please order the goggle separately"

They're supposedly UK only so you'll have to find an importer for the US.

I can't believe I haven't watched this show before yesterday. The props/sets are so freaking cool and I'm only halfway through the 1st season!

You ain't seen NOTHING yet. :love

They're pretty simple, I think it's just the tinted lens and whatever those ridged peices are. Everything else is part of the mask already.

uvex9301317.jpg

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

For anyone that wants the info:
"Uvex Ultra-Vision Goggle 9301-625 - £5.60
Uvex UltraShield 9301-317 - £4.00
Uvex face protection for ultra-vision 9301 clear accessory face shield suitable for all 9301 goggles except 9301 095 and 9301 906 protecting against coarse dirt particles. It can be easily assembled to and disassembled from the goggle body. The lightweight accessory provides additional, foam padded ventilation. The face protection is not a breathing filter. The goggle is not included, please order the goggle separately"

They're supposedly UK only so you'll have to find an importer for the US.

You ain't seen NOTHING yet. :love

Actually if you do a search on ebay for the masks, there is a seller, that has like 86, or so, of the mask, with the goggles, and even more separately The guy is in the UK, but at least you can order then, un like that site we've seen before.. the set runs about $25. plus shipping.

You know now that I look at those caps again, I may have an idea of what those added ridges are. I found little metal pieces that look a lot like those in my grandfathers basement, like 14 years ago. I still have them (I always thought they would look good ast a activation strip on a lightsaber), but I have no idea what they are, or what their mint for in the real world. I'll take some pics in the next day or so, and if everyone thinks they might work, I'll take them around to some local hardware stores, and see if anyone know what he heck they are.

If it's the same one I have, you aren't missing much. It really wasn't that great. I still haven't finished mine yet. You might be better off using a Wilco and then modifying it.

yeah the uvex masks are available on ebay, just be sure to get the eye shield and mask shield, they are two separate parts.

If it's the same one I have, you aren't missing much. It really wasn't that great. I still haven't finished mine yet. You might be better off using a Wilco and then modifying it.

I have actually been think about doing that with a wilco, since there so darn cheep right now, but It seems like a ton of work to cut off the left rear panel, just right, and hollow all that out, for electronics. Even if the type you have is a bad kit, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

Has anyone built a DRD? Does anyone offer a shell or kit?

Yes, there are a few places that offer, or have offered, DRD shells/kits. Most of them are off in one way or another, I am yet to find one that is 100% accurate. (or even 90% accurate.) They are usually off in size, or details. and non of the ones I've seen, have the correct material for the eye stokes. If you really just have to have one though, I would do a yahoo, or google search for "Farscape DRD Kit" or "Farscape DRD model" and take a look at what comes up, and see if any of it suits you.

I bout one of the kits, almost a year and a half ago, and like all my projects, I hit it hard at first, but after noticing a pretty big inaccuracy, I have to fix, I kind of slowed down on the project, and still have yet to finish it. I did a lot of mods on my kit, but the one that put the brakes on for me, is that on my kit, on both sides, were there should be sections the same level as the rest of the surface, just traced by groves, in stead the whole sections are indented. So, I have to get some sheet plastic, the same thickness as the indentation, cut it to the exact shape as the indentation, and then shave just a little extra off of the same so that when I attach it, it looks like there is a groove all around it. (this is all much harder then it sounds, to do, and have it look right. :( )

As stated above no one has done a DRD that's even remotely accurate. AFAIK there were 2 kit producers at one point, one of which was subsequently recast after it was no longer available. I got one of the recast kits 2nd hand from a member here not long ago but haven't had time to work on it. All 3 versions were done as single fiberglass shells which is a major part of the problem in accuracy. Near as I can tell the DRDs were done in overlapping vaccformed parts consisting of up to 15 peices. There are about a dozen options as far as attachments and functions go, the most any one DRD had in the show was about five and those cost upwards of $10,000 to make.

An accurate, moderately functional DRD is one of my holy grail props. Some day I'll get around to makeing my own shell. Anyone that wants to take a crack at it I've got a ton of reference pics to share.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back