Farscape Pilots Control ....need some help

Can't imagine trying to scratchbuild something like this. Beautiful work!

I can imagine the base. Scratchbuilding Pilot is something I can't imagine doing without a lot of skill in sculpting or using a 3D printer with a lot of knowledge on 3D Modeling.

Last edited:
Hi guys ,
Latest update on the Pilot mesh... He is finished. .. Just a few things to go on the console and DRDs and it off to the printer.
T

Hi Guys ,
Ok... this is the latest update on the pilots console .. Its finished. Just the DRD to go and ..the whole project is complete.
Then it gets parted up and off to the printer
The artist is Volotile Vertex.......he has done some fantastic Work...and i will be working with him again soon on another project.

T

Hay Guys,
Ok...Received the final pics of the mesh work of the DRDs for the Pilots Den
Hope to start parting up the mesh work in the coming week.
T

Hay ,
Just heard that Starship modelers store has The Farscape 1 module by Black Sun in stock again.
Jump fast .. Not many left.
T

DRD looks great! I've been fooling with a rough model now and then with the intent to make it into a pepakura file. Never got too far on it though. I studied your model, and if I may be so bold as to point out a small missing detail? It's just a tiny inset on one side (pic attached). Everything else looks spot-on!

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the Farscape 1 module!

DRD looks great! I've been fooling with a rough model now and then with the intent to make it into a pepakura file. Never got too far on it though. I studied your model, and if I may be so bold as to point out a small missing detail? It's just a tiny inset on one side (pic attached). Everything else looks spot-on!

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the Farscape 1 module!

Glad I could help out with the Farscape 1 module.
We noticed that there were a few differences in the the DRDs. We think there were 3 versions over the course of the series. We went with the most common data we could find. We also left out the version with the gatling gun. The DRDs were an after thought to add diversity to the Pilots den. When these are built they might only be about an inch long.
Though I am thinking if theres enough interest I might do it bigger as a separate kit down the road......BUT not a a 1 to 1 scale ...thats been done already.
Thankx for pointing that out though.. I will get it added before we run with it .
Tony

Hi Guys,
So ..the way things are looking on the pilot figure .. the console will be about 17' across ,11" wide and 3' high and pilot about 5" tall. The DRDs in scale with it will be about 1.1" long. Thats a lot of RESIN. I have done a lot of hollowing out on parts that will cut down of the amount of resin required.Still gunna be a big kit. I might make an option to just buy the pilot figure a a separate kit depending on the price. The top of the pilots console will be a clear part to allow for lighting underneath.
Looking at the DRD mesh I decided to do a separate DRD kit in a larger size about 7'' long . Thats close to 1/2 scale...big enough to light and even add motors if you want it to move.It will be hollow inside.
Hope to run some of the masters this weekend ...depending on availability of the machine..
Will post pics soon.
T

Hi Guys,:facepalm:cry
Ok ... Got some good news and some bad news.
We started to look at the size of the kit and the amount of materials that will be needed to make it at the scale of pilot being about 5" tall.
The size of the console was going to be 17"X11"x 3" and the amount of resin for the thing was going to be massive.Not to mention the cost in the high hundreds. To run the master was in the thousands.
So I have decided to drop the scale by a third 1/3, and that makes him just over 3 " and the console 11"X7"X2". The pilot is currently in the printe rand I hope to get started on the console this week.
Now for the good news...
If the pilot and console turn out and there's a good response to the kit I will do a stand alone kit of Pilot about 7" tall and see how that goes. But that one will be months away.
I will post pics on the parts a they become available.
T

Hay again,
Ok ...to alleviate the pain of doing the console model smaller ....BUT I AM GOING TO DO PILOT AS A LARGER KIT... I have scaled the DRD to about 7" and its at the printers . Its hollowed out so if you want to do extra work on it...lights and RC drives its possible .The eyes will be 3/8th acrylic balls so it will work for lighting .
I will post pics of all the kits parts as I get them finished for casting.
T

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back